cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

karingk
Journeyman III

Error 175 cannot update AMD E-300 APU on HP2000 laptop

For several months, especially since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have been receiving update notices, and they fail every time!  I have the AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HC Graphics on my HP2000 laptop, with Windows 10 64-bit Operating System with 3.6 GB usable RAM.  Please advise.  I have searched the site for solutions, but none of them seem to apply, besides the fact that despite I am reasonably computer savvy, the information seems to be way over my head!  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You must use graphics drivers furnished by Microsoft through Windows Update. There are no supported drivers on the AMD site.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You must use graphics drivers furnished by Microsoft through Windows Update. There are no supported drivers on the AMD site.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.

Thanks, Kingfish, I'll give your instructions a try ... have a great rest of the evening, karingK

Sent from my iPad

Have a blessed day!

Hola Amigo, si te sirvió? Tengo la misma laptop, pudiste instalar los drivers de vídeo para el procesador AMD E-300 APU ??

0 Likes

Hello Friend, if it worked for you? I have the same laptop, could you install the video drivers for the AMD E-300 APU processor?

Hola Amigo, si te sirvió? Tengo la misma laptop, pudiste instalar los drivers de vídeo para el procesador AMD E-300 APU ??

Saludos

0 Likes