cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

squuiid
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Error 173 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as AMD Graphics Hardware Has Not Been Detected in Your System Configuration in Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2

So AMD don't support an eGPU on a Mac running Windows?! The built in BootCamp driver only caters to onboard Intel/AMD graphics. If you want to use an eGPU on a Mac running Windows you would have to use the native driver from the manufacturer, in this case AMD.

Are you saying that AMD doesn't support their GPUs when running externally using BootCamp?

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Error 173 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as AMD Graphics Hardware Has Not Been Detected in Your System Configuration in Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2

If the host is a Mac which is running Bootcamp, you need to use the Bootcamp drivers.

squuiid
Adept I
Adept I

OK. Can I use the BootCamp drivers to run my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT eGPU?

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes

0 Kudos
hquest
Adept I
Adept I

Well, it is not that you MUST use Bootcamp drivers to run your hardware, it is the fact the Bootcamp drivers are approved by Microsoft AND Apple to run this hardware. Bootcamp is just the label Apple applies on a Windows install on top of their hardware, but it is 100% a regular Windows install with the Apple proprietary hardware drivers available for the OS by Apple.

By not using Bootcamp drivers, you cannot take your Apple device to an Apple Store and ask the Genius to fix it. Other than that, it will work as an Asus, Gigabyte or MSI hardware would.

This message is not sponsored by the Hackintosh community, running RX5700XT cards natively since Catalina 10.15.2 beta 2

0 Kudos
ajamal
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue, however, I don't have a wireless card adapter. Also, windows device manager does not show the graphics card. Please advise as to what I can do.Thank you.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD 5700 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • None
  • Display Devices
    • HP ENVY 24, HDMI to AMD card
    • ACER 24 to onboard intel graphics
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MSI B250M Bazooka Bios Version 1.7
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • 600W
  • RAM
    • 8GB
0 Kudos
FelahBr
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Error 173 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as AMD Graphics Hardware Has Not Been Detecte

I created an account here just to thank you all. My computer is a DELL Inspiron 15 5547. The past weeks have been quite annoying since a game I used to play without any major problems kept crashing in the middle of the play. Yesterday it crashed and suddenly my dedicated graphics card (switchable graphics with Intel) went missing. I tried evertything I could think of to make it appear again but wasn't succesful. So I ended up doing reinstalling windows 10 in the recovery options (keeping my files), just to find out the issue wasn't solved. So after more researching I found this.

My wifi network adapter is Qualcomm 802.11. Disabling it was enough to solve the problem. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
FelahBr
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Error 173 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as AMD Graphics Hardware Has Not Been Detecte

UPDATES: It happened again. Windows crashed earlier and when it restarted my GPU went missing again :C. I disabled my wireless device as before, used the AMD CleanUp Utility to remove the software, restarted the PC and (having previously dowloaded the driver from AMD site) tried to install the software again, hoping it would identify my graphics card. That didn't help this time, though. I keep receiving the 173 error. 

0 Kudos
FelahBr
Adept I
Adept I

New updade, and hope it's the last.

I tried to emulate the EXACT conditions in which this worked the first time. So, instead of downloading the installer, using AMD cleanup tool, disabling the wifi device and attempting to install, I did this now:

1) I used the Cleanup tool

2) I turned OFF the laptop

3) I turned ON the laptop

4) I disabled the WiFi card

5) I restarted windows (this I did incidentally, but somehow it might have helped. Maybe if I had disabled it before turning OFF the computer, the result would have been the same)

6) I connected the ethernet cable

7) I downloaded AMD auto-detect tool

8) I installed it again and it worked.

I have a feeling this won't last. I was trying to avoid having the graphics card used at the same time as the wi-fi, by always disabling the wi-fi device before playing the game I mentioned before. I just hope these steps keep working when/if this happen again.

0 Kudos
FelahBr
Adept I
Adept I

Here I am again. Just as yesterday, my PC just crashed, but this time I had time to pay attention to the blue screen, which pointed out a problem with "amdkmdag.sys". This time I had not turned on the wifi device and (probably) only the web browser might have used the graphics card.

This erros gave me more to search on the web and it seems like it's a far more common problem than I thought. A couple forums I read associated the problem with the recent AMD Adrenalin software.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/keep-getting-amdkmdag-sys-error-crash.3617757/

https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/discussion-board/bsod-windows-10-error-amdkmdag-sys/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-failing/468763fd-0520-4e51-bd1a-...

I only wished I could get an older version of the software, but I don't know how. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. 

P.S. Two forum replies suggested the 4.2 release works well, and it seems one can find in on the link below:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-4-2

0 Kudos