cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

magnetoscope
Adept I

Error 1603 when installing GPU drivers (SOLVED)

I am trying to install Adrenalin 20.5.1 and get error 1603 every time. I have tried:

• Booting into safe mode and uninstalling with DDU
  • Booting into safe mode and uninstalling with AMD clean up utility
  • Installing versions 18.12.3, 19.5.2, 20.5.1, and 20.2.1
  • Deleting the C:\AMD folder
  • Deleting the C:\Program Files\AMD
  • Updating windows
  • Disabling windows defender
  • Uninstalling all Visual C++ redistributables and reinstalling
  • Running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Running SFC /SCANNOW
  • Installing with internet disabled
  • Resetting locations of default folders

System specs:

AMD FX-6350

Radeon RX 580

Windows 10 Pro 1909 19363.836

And here is the log of my latest installation attempt.

Please help me. I'm going crazy. I've spent all day trying to fix this one issue. Thank you so much.

EDIT: I waited for a new windows version to come out and after updating was able to install drivers with no issues

0 Likes
1 Solution
magnetoscope
Adept I

I managed to fix the problem by waiting for a new windows update. I uninstalled everything in safe mode, and then after updating I was able to install the drivers with no issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tgodtaylor
Journeyman III

I got the same problem. After changing my graphics card, that brought nothing.
Did you installed all windows updates? Me left one comulative but I can't install it, since I started the driver installer, because it disables the wuaserv (Update service) automatically...

0 Likes
magnetoscope
Adept I

Yes, I've updated to the latest version of windows. Still nothing.

0 Likes

you seemed have followed most of the steps suggested in more than one Tech site for that error.

This gives the same but more detail on the steps to fix error 1603: https://www.easypcmod.com/how-to-fix-amd-error-1603-issue-quick-and-easy-way-5941 

Make sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS and CHIPSET driver versions installed since you didn't post your Make & Model of your Motherboard and PSU installed.

magnetoscope
Adept I

I managed to fix the problem by waiting for a new windows update. I uninstalled everything in safe mode, and then after updating I was able to install the drivers with no issues.