Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: error 1603

Jump to solution

They were already posted by @elstaci ...see his post earlier.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I saw his post, I just figured he found them someplace else on the HP site not realizing that them not displaying under the page for this persons laptop was an issue on my end. Thanks!

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

someone else had a similar problem and Pokester mentioned about using the latest DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers which fix the 1603 error. Sounds like the AMD driver set wasn't totally uninstalled.

Try this:

Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update. Delete the C:\AMD folder. disconnect from the Internet (disable Wifi or remove ethernet cable). This will prevent Windows from installing a different driver before you install the new driver.

Uninstall all AMD drivers using Windows 10 Uninstall program. Then use DDU in safe mode to uninstall AMD driver plus Intel drivers. Reboot

Install First the Windows 10 Intel Drivers, Graphics and Chipset. Reboot and then try installing the HP latest Windows 10 AMD Drivers from HP Support. Reboot and see if the error goes away. See if  everything is back to normal again.

plumboby
Miniboss

Jump to solution

download cc cleaner free version. Run the cleaner run the registry key cleaner as half the time its the registry that strikes that error. Go through open you c drive setting & clean any old windows installs & any other random crapware that's come when loading up 10 as the cretors update is a pig of an update to get running with AMD drivers atm. Boots to safe mode run DDU with cc cleaner behind it clearing any registry errors then boot to windows normally. Dont run the auto detect tool find your drivers manually you can get 8 drivers so look for the AMD drivers tho dont load up the latest the most stable are the early December so install manually. If it doesn't work open you device manager & manually check all drivers are upto date & manually update to suit. In device manager to in videocard properties if your videocard is listed look for drivers save to you system & try load them as 9 times out of 10 they are the drivers you need sometimes the drivers from the site & auto dectect dont work on integrated laptops. Worked on  a lot of laptops a few tricks to get them to switch over & load properly

0 Likes
killerbrambo88
Adept I

Jump to solution

I will try this tomorrow and i'll let you know. Thanks a lot for the help i get here from the AMD support. I really appreaciate it!

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Jump to solution

no problem have had simular issues, worked with alot of laptops in the past so a lot of tricks i know & have learnt

0 Likes
killerbrambo88
Adept I

Jump to solution

Update: I tried what elstaci​ said step by step and it worked! thank you very much!  I am amazed by the amazing support i got here thank you very much! I still have a quick question, how do i set certain applications to maximum performance in the radeon settings tab?

plumboby
Miniboss

Jump to solution

awesome good news it worked. I recomend before cranking up any setting would advise just to run you games as is for the moment without pushing it pushing it till the drivers stabilise. Run it as is then if you feel the need to increase you graphics setting bump them up in small increasements. Laptops get tempermental in big bumps from experience of winding them up to fast on fresh installs. Usually i do a fresh install but leave the laptop does nessisary updates for 24hrs to make sure windows stablises & drivers for AMD run stable before i adjust as i go.

killerbrambo88
Adept I

Jump to solution

thank you guys again! i am now even able to run overwatch at 70FPS, didn't even knew this was possible on my laptop! thanks to all who helped me out