cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred After Driver Update For Radeon HD 8750M Windows 10

I have ran into alot of problems with my AMD drivers lately. Let me explain my situation: So i got this new laptop (windows 10) with a 32bit software version to play games like Overwatch and work on Solidworks, a program i need for college. But you can't download those applications on a x32bit version of windows. So I downloaded and installed the x64 version of windows myself (yes my processor is x64) and Overwatch runned fine for me at 40-50FPS on medium-high settings which was definitly good enough for me. But i couldn't open Solidworks and after some research they told me to delete my old drivers and install the newest ones. So said, so done, everything properly installed (from these links: AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and Download Drivers ) but Overwatch ran very bad afterwards. I got +-10FPS on low settings despite Overwatch was set to work on the AMD drivers and on high performance.

I contacted the Overwatch helpdesk and they said my drivers where outdated since 2015 but that was not possible. They told me i should remove them again and install them manually, because the driver installation app detected my drivers and installed them automatically. I did this again but now i couldn't open the Radeon settings application, whatever i tried. I deleted the software (again) and installed my drivers (again) but this time it gave me error code 1603. I did everything on the help page (Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package ) but without results.

-DxDiag, MSinfo and report error 1603 are attached.

I'm getting pretty annoyed right now, i hope there is a fix, i don't know what to do anymore.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

someone else had a similar problem and Pokester mentioned about using the latest DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers which fix the 1603 error. Sounds like the AMD driver set wasn't totally uninstalled.

Try this:

Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update. Delete the C:\AMD folder. disconnect from the Internet (disable Wifi or remove ethernet cable). This will prevent Windows from installing a different driver before you install the new driver.

Uninstall all AMD drivers using Windows 10 Uninstall program. Then use DDU in safe mode to uninstall AMD driver plus Intel drivers. Reboot

Install First the Windows 10 Intel Drivers, Graphics and Chipset. Reboot and then try installing the HP latest Windows 10 AMD Drivers from HP Support. Reboot and see if the error goes away. See if  everything is back to normal again.

View solution in original post

42 Replies