cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Error 1603 19.12.3

Having done every single suggestion to troubleshoot I keep getting the same error. CAN I PLEASE GET SOME HELP ME?!?!?! THIS IS INSANE.

I've attached the error files below, I am truly considering trading in the GPU. 

5 Replies
dmt_2000
Journeyman III

Having The exact same issue using an R9 200

0 Likes
dmt_2000
Journeyman III

been looking up fixes for this for the past 12 hours nothing is working literally trying every single thing this is ridiculous clean uninstalled everything with ddu/amd catalyst did it in safe mode then tried installing the driver in safe mode didnt work rinse repeat tried installing it in regular mode didnt work same error again shocking ran the dsim and sfc scans in cmd ran ddu again in safe mode same error message tried deleteing every amd file i could find with search everything then installing same error again tried installing old version of radeon Adrenalin same issue absolutely insane tried literally everything i could find on every forum and amds offical 'fix' nothing works was thinking of buying their latest card to upgrade but i think im going to just go with nvidia this is crazy still no response or fix from amd 

0 Likes

I FIGURED IT OUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme your install log, I read through mine and realized error 1603 is code for multiple errors but it might be the same one!!!!!! I might be able to figure it out!

0 Likes

i fixed mine by installing drivers using a 3rd party program and i got a different error i googled the error i got and after fixing the new error it fixed the old one aswell windows 7 - Device installation forbidden by system policy - Super User 

0 Likes
denimore
Adept I

This happened to me. I followed this help page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 

and uninstalling/re-installing the VC++ 2015,2017,2019 redistributable package worked for me.

0 Likes