Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gunterguntergunter
Journeyman III

Entire computer crashes in Adrenalin and DDU

Hi all,

I've been trying to install Adrenalin 2020 19.12.3 on Windows 10 for a while now. When installing, the program reaches the "detecting hardware" screen, and then the entire computer freezes. This is accompanied by the CPU debug light flashing on my motherboard. The only way to get the computer running again is to force it to shutdown with the power button. Attempting to use DDU in safe mode causes the same thing to happen. I have tried this on 3 different fresh installs of Windows and with two different graphics cards. Everything runs fine when I'm not using AMD tools, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Has anyone else run into this?

Hardware:

- Windows 10 1903

- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

- Attempted to use graphics driver tools on Radeon RX 590 8 GB and Radeon R7 200 Series 2GB

- MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi motherboard

(I can provide more info on hardware if needed)

0 Likes
1 Solution
gunterguntergunter
Journeyman III

For anyone else struggling with this, I figured out that the crashing was being caused by the hot-swappable drive bay on my DIYPC case. Keeping it connected to a SATA port on the motherboard was causing issues with hardware detection. Everything worked as planned once it was disconnected.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gunterguntergunter
Journeyman III

For anyone else struggling with this, I figured out that the crashing was being caused by the hot-swappable drive bay on my DIYPC case. Keeping it connected to a SATA port on the motherboard was causing issues with hardware detection. Everything worked as planned once it was disconnected.