When I'm playing games with Freesync + Enhanced Sync combined, the refresh rate of the Freesync monitor gets lower. For example, my Freesync monitor is capable of 144hz. When using Enhanced sync and I'm getting something like 200FPS, the refresh rate on the monitor lowers to 76hz rather than staying at 144hz until it gets lower than 144hz. Even when it's in my Freesync range, the refresh rate sometimes doesn't match the FPS in game when Enhanced Sync is on. Is this normal behavior? If not, what can I do to mitigate this issue?
GPU: RX 5700 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
PSU: 750 watts
Monitor: AOC 24G1WG4 w/ Displayport.
thats not normal behaviour...
use DDU in safe-mode to clean AMD driver
then update Win10 to 20H2
then install latest AMD driver
mh, do you have any overlays active?
like MSI Afterburner with RivaTuner or SteamOverlay or uplay overlay etc?
did you alter your panel-driver (like AOC offers a unsigned driver for my G24060PF that lifts FreeSync-Range from 48-144 to 35-144 or even a modded one for 30-144)
did you used CRU to OC your panel?
The only overlays I tend to have are the Steam overlay or Uplay one. I don't have those other programs installed. I have not tried installing the panel driver. I'm using the generic monitor driver that came with Windows 10, but that would definitely be something that I should look into. I'm not familiar with CRU or OCing my panel. In addition to that, my GPU is not OCed at all. I will give an update once I try out those suggestions.
I tried turning off all overlays and installed the driver for my monitor from the Manufacturer's website, but the issue still persists.
well here my to do list // test after each task and if its fixed you dont need to do the other stuff ;)
1. update Win10 to 20H2
2. delete C:/AMD && download 20.12.1 again && install it with "factory reset" option
3. use DDU in safe-mode to clean ALL drivers (Nvidia, AMD, Intel / not Realtek) // than reinstall 20.12.1
4. disable HDCP for each of your monitors
5. disable Win10 "Game Mode"
6. disable "fullscreen optimization" for your games
7. upgrade to newest MoBo Bios; newest vBIOS; disable XMP
8. do a fresh install of Win10 20H2 // first install should be chipset drivers; than audio; disable Win10 auto-driver-install + delete C:/AMD + instal 20.12.1 = all in that order ;)
I tried all of the steps accept 7 and 8 for time constraints and I need to buy another flash drive to update the bios with to the latest one. Are there any other steps I could try?