cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darkradeon
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

still  not fixed in 19.6.2

0 Kudos
okazzy
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

Is AMD even aware of this issue?

0 Kudos
markiemarcus
Adept III
Adept III

No idea. That it isn't on their list of known issues after all this time is concerning. I reckon this is far more widespread. A significant variety of set ups have been mentioned here so far.

And yes, I've used the online service request.

0 Kudos
klu
Adept I
Adept I

I will try to report it via the official bug report (or whatever it is called) as well. Maybe someone will take interest in this finally. 

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Here's what they call it:

sempronguy
Adept I
Adept I

No luck yet? Been experiencing this issue for months also. I used to be fine just disabling freesync everytime I watch movies and then enable it again if I play a game. Now I couldn't be bothered anymore cause quite a few times already I forgot freesync was off and I already launched the game so I'd had to close the game again and turn freesync on. 

0 Kudos
markiemarcus
Adept III
Adept III

Nope. I reported the problem within a month of it occurring, the steps needed to reproduce it, tested multiple operating systems and even found the last working driver version and there's been no response. It isn't even on a list of known issues.

The only thing I can suggest is for people to use the fault reporting tool within Radeon Settings if they haven't already.

0 Kudos
markiemarcus
Adept III
Adept III

Still broken on Windows 10 Build 1903, driver version 19.6.2.

0 Kudos
mcober
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

High Refresh rate displays (>60Hz) and Netflix/Amazon Video (DRM content) on Windows 10 cause stuttering

i have this problem too

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 4000 MHz (40 x 100)
Noctua NH D15 CPU Kühler
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB @3000Mhz @1,4V
Asus Prime X470-Pro
RADEON RX Vega 64 8GB

Monitore:
Gaming Monitor AOC C27G1, 68,58 cm (27 Zoll), Curved, 144Hz, FreeSync, -> Displayport

2x24“, full HD
BenQ G2420HDBL (DvI-D)
LG 24MB56 HDMI

0 Kudos
darkradeon
Adept III
Adept III

Still not fixed in 19.7.1