cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daannl
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

Having the same issue when playing videos at fullscreen, with freesync enabled. Fixed when freesync disabled. 

The last driver without the issue is 18.9.3

Current driver version 19.5.1
Sapphire RX 480
LG 34" Ultrawide 34UM59

Windows 10 1809 x64

MPC-HC
HDMI port

0 Kudos
chrisro
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

Same Problem for a few months now, still not fixed:

Setup:

Driver: 19.5.1

GPU: Vega 56

Monitor: LG 27UD68-W

Interface: DisplayPort

crosbyspace
Adept I
Adept I

Same problem. Tearing with freesync in mpc-hc when fullscreen.

Driver 19.5.1
RX 590
Samsung
C27F390FHI
HDMI

Windows 10 1903

0 Kudos
darkradeon
Adept III
Adept III

I have the same issue.

Before 1903 it was enough to create a profile for the player and then disable freesync in the profile, now since 1903 profile workaround doesn't work anymore, I have to switch to full D3D frullscreen in the player AND forcing v-sync in profile (doesn't matter which presentation mode I use, DXVA2 or D3D11), otherwise I had to disable freesync in the screen option of the Radeon settings.

hw config: Ryzen 5 1500X, 16GB DDR4, R9 380X 8GB GDDR5, LG 34UM68-P, DisplayPort, etc...

0 Kudos
chrisro
Adept I
Adept I

I just tried 19.5.2. The problem ist still not fixed. Hello AMD, could you please do something about this?

ilyon
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Same thing here and no solution (19.5.2 / 1800X / R9NANO / AOC2590)

Apps like myTube also stutter a lot. Didn't find a solution yet.

If someone at AMD could handle the problem ...

0 Kudos
chrisro
Adept I
Adept I

Updated to 19.6.1, no change. Video playback still suffers from tearing when FreeSync is enabled. Six months and no fix, come on AMD.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you all making sure to report this to AMD for every new driver that does not fix the issue? :  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

A long shot, but...did you enable Enhanced Sync in the Global settings? That would cause these type of issues. Enhanced sync should only be enabled in a game profile.

okazzy
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I've already tried that. Only disabling Freesync solves the issue (or reverting the drivers to last known good version).