cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

markiemarcus
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

The file is there, dude. You're not helping. You're being actively counterproductive. 

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

I am trying to make this understandable if there is an issue that needs to be fixed on the AMD driver software. You should try the video you are having problems with "Movies & TV", "MPC" and "VLC" and report the problem clearly. Reset the driver and return the factory settings with the CRU before player attempting. Try DX9 and OpenGL API with VLC and report any improvement. Because there may be an API problem.

Edit:
Annotation 2020-06-24 062934.jpg
You can choose API like this pic. You can try DX9 and OGL if you wish...

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, I'll pass this feedback onto engineering. 

markiemarcus
Adept III
Adept III

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
absinthe
Adept I
Adept I

Glad to see this is finally getting some attention.

SoilnRock
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Just bought a new monitor excited for FreeSync and experience this issue - HUGELY frustrating!

Graphics: RX 560

Monitor: Samsung U28E590

Connection: Display Port

Driver: 20.12.1

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 19042.685

Media Player: MPC

Only solution for me is to globally turn off "Adaptive Sync Compatible" in AMD Radeon software. I'm speechless how something like this is not being fixed after MONTHS of reports!

0 Kudos
coolslowbro
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

(posted this in another thread but relevant in both)

I'm experiencing this as well. Just bought a 144hz monitor and I have to disable ___sync (adaptive sync in the monitor's settings, freesync in the drivers) to get smooth playback.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

RE:  I'm speechless how something like this is not being fixed after MONTHS of reports!

Well that depends. 
Reporting bugs to this forum will get nothing fixed. 

People have to either use the AMD Bug Report Tool in the Adrenalin 2020 driver or download it from here: 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

You have to be prepared to let AMD Trawl your PC for data and send it to them. 
There is no opt out. 
I am not prepared to let them do that so I no longer report any  bugs. 

You can always open an email support case here: 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form
That is too much effort if you ask me.

There used to be an online WEB form based Bug reporting form. 
That option is gone. 

Bye.

0 Kudos
SoilnRock
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I was having some e-mail correspondence with AMD customer support, just a short summary:

- "You should use a high quality display port cable, this might help solve the problem" <- WTF??? Seriously?

- "People complaining about driver issues are the minority, for the majority of people everything is working fine." <- Yeah, right, thx for the infomation!

"Tearing can occur if the freesny range of the monitor is outside of the FPS/Hz of the video being played." <- OK, this is something I can work with, setting my freesync range to 20-60 Hz with CRU tool still didn't help, problem persists.

- "Please use bug report tool, our people will look into it." <- Did it, no confidence that anyone will really look into it.

Overall it was pretty disappointing and I would be surprised if they took this bug seriously and did something about it. I'd be very happy if they prooved me wrong.

As kind of a workaround I switched to madVR in Media Player classic and activated "use Direct3D 11 for presentation" and "present a frame for every VSync" in rendering general settings. Tearing seems to be gone! Hope this is of help to some of you guys.

Have a nice day,

Nelson

0 Kudos