cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

borus87
Adept II

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

Hmm... wired. Works for me and from what @klu said below it worked for him too. You sure you've set it up all good? I'm on adrenaline 2020 latest version btw.

0 Likes
markiemarcus
Adept III

Re: Enabling Freesync causes screen tearing and motion judder when playing videos

Double and triple checked, sadly! Latest version of W10 and the drivers.

0 Likes
walki
Journeyman III

I have problem with this too.

driver version 19.12.2

GPU radeon RX 5700 XT 

monitor Samsung S24F350 

in settings it's telling me free sync is not supported (in description of monitor is wrote it supports freesync) 

also while I'm playing whatever the graphic is turning off, sometimes it turns off whole PC 

0 Likes
borus87
Adept II

If your PC turns off while gaming it's (from most to least probable):

• PSU old/bad or too low Wattage - replace
  • CPU overheating and turns off PC to prevent damage - check BIOS if you have PC shutdown on CPU temp set. Monitor PC temps and if too high remount cooler
  • Bad mount on some component - remount GPU, RAM, CPU
  • Bad HW component - maybe borrow from a friend a GPU and test with it... if it does the same something from the list above is wrong. 
0 Likes
borus87
Adept II

I saw the list of players you used. Try PotPlayer, add it as a game, turn FS off and see if it works with it.

0 Likes
walki
Journeyman III

Can it be I'm playing on power save mode?

But this happens only once when I played League of legends but mostly while playing The Witcher III (maybe bug in game. Or bad settings or the game?)

0 Likes
left4dead666
Adept II

My problems are solved after the latest driver installation 20.1.1 on the Radeon RX5700XT

0 Likes
dalex33
Journeyman III

This is with the latest drivers playing FFXV with 120fps set.
What is going on. I have tried so many things, disabling and enabling hardware acceleration, Vsync etc.
With freesync on this happens way to often (but not always)

https://youtu.be/f3W-2zrJ5wc

0 Likes
mcv100
Journeyman III

I still have this issue with MPC-BE and 20.1.3. This is easy to reproduce:

In MPC-BE, play a video fullscreen and hit Ctrl+T to show the tearing test. With global Freesync ON, tearing is clearly visible, which is fixed by turning global Freesync OFF. However, this is cumbersome, so adding the MPC-BE.exe as a game and disabling Freesync for it should work. Unfortunately, this does NOT. A screen tear is still easily visible at the top of the video window.

However, regardless of MPC-BE having an issue with Freesync, AMD Radeon application settings are not reliable, as Freesync global off clearly does something else as only turning it off for MPC-BE.exe.

Can anyone else confirm only globally turning off Freesync helps, and not application wise?

swipers
Adept I

yeah i have same problem with this too.

driver version 19.12.2

GPU radeon Sapphire RX 580 8gb

monitor LG UltraGear 27GL650F-B
Dp 1.4 in setting OSD Already EnableUntitled415.png

in settings it's telling me ''freesync is not supported'' (in description of monitor is wrote it supports freesync) 

0 Likes