Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cs-tippsy
Journeyman III

embedded Radeon Mobility HD 3450 on a Dell Laptop | openGL

Hello

I have an embedded Radeon Mobility HD 3450 on a Dell Laptop. Some years ago openGL did work but now with this driver 8.970.100.9001 not anymore, but I have got 4 GB shared Ram. This is not the last official driver you can download, which didn't work with my HD resolution. The driver 8.970.100.9001 was probably installed with windows 10 64? Does anyone know how to turn on openGL? On the Internet there a suggestion just to copy a openGL.dll to somewhere? But this was for Blender.org which don't accept this graficcard missing openGL .

0 Likes
2 Replies

OpenGL is enabled on your GPU card by the AMD Driver.

Download GPU-Z and see if OpenGL is check marked at the bottom of GPU-Z image. If it isn't then the AMD Driver wasn't correctly installed or is the wrong driver for your GPU card.

Here are the specs for your Mobility HD3450 GPU : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

HD 2xxx & 3xxx & 4xxx doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers. You must let Windows Update to install the compatible Windows 10 driver for your HD 3450 GPU card.

Dell's HD3450 AMD Driver should enable OpenGL on your GPU card again which is compatible with your motherboard or laptop.

Dells last Mobile HD3450 AMD driver is for Windows Vista: Challenge Page 

0 Likes

Does your Dell laptop support Windows 10 since there are no Windows 10 Dell driver? Possible you may need to downgrade your OS.

AMD has drivers for Windows 8/8.1 and earlier for the mobile HD3450 GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-mobility-radeon-hd-3000-series/ati-mobilit... 

Sometimes, Windows 7 AMD Drivers work in Windows 10 OS.

0 Likes