cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

d1stru3t0r
Journeyman III

dxgkrnl.sys crashing my laptop nitro 5 an515-41

(https://imgur.com/a/zRhz05hThis causes my laptop to crash almost EVERY time i let it idle for 5 minutes, or if i'm doing light work with it. I can't copy a file for more than 5 minutes, i can't browse reddit, can't really do alot. But when i'm playing I have no problems, i can play 5 hours with no problem. Problem appear even if i'm plugged in. I installed 19.1.1 with DDU, but I had this problem on every drivers. I have latest BIOS/WIndows 10 version, every driver up to date. Does someone know how could I fix this problem ?

Maybe it's because Acer didn't updated its nitro 5 an515-41 bios since long time ago? Can someone contact a developer so he can hopefully fix it with a bios update or something ? RIght now my laptop is unusable because of this.

atikmdag.sys + 6b388
dxgkrnl.sys + 3a790
From BLuescreenView
0 Likes
7 Replies

You need to use the drivers furnished by Acer

Acer Nitro AN515-41 Drivers download | Support Drivers 

0 Likes

MAybe you didn't checked, but it doesn't have in the link what you gave. On official support it has 17.10.2001.1004 which is very old. Should I use that ?

I'm always using latest drivers, it would really be bad if I couldn't use these. I check on AMD official driver site, and i'M using the latest for FX9830P (which work with RX550 too, but not vice versa)

0 Likes

7th Gen FX™ 9830P APU Drivers & Support | AMD 

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer (OEM)as the manufacturer has customized the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides generic reference drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.

0 Likes

So I should downgrade to a almost 2 year old driver version ? omggg  this is just a file that's creating problems, why I can't fix it in an other way ?

0 Likes

No, I assume you have tried to install a driver from AMD, but I'm not sure you tried to install the right one. So I gave you a link to it. If you can't get it installed, use what the manufacturer offers.

0 Likes

I installed the latest for my CPU, 19.1.1, latest for gpu is 19.2.2, but doesn't support FX9830P so I stick with the 19.1.1.

So now what to do, downgrade to a 2 year old driver or use the one recommended for my cpu? Also, there isn't any way to fix it? Maybe a dev can help? 

0 Likes

Man you only install one driver. Please take the time to actually read > Laptop graphics update...How to 

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. 

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's...

0 Likes