cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Stoerdienst
Adept I

DX11 Performance Driver (>22.5.2) issues

I've tested the following preview/optional drivers for a while and got some issues during usage:

2022.10 may preview

Issues:

1. rFactor2 crashing (ctd with shader error in tracefile) especially in borderless window mode (but also fullscreen) - could be related to shader caching. Its running normal with new created shader cache (deleted shader cache and than starting rFactor 2). 2nd run than ctd. More information within this thread: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/after-the-hardware-upgrade-the-track-crashes-every-ti...

2. GTA 5 crashing with "err_gfx_d3d_init"

3. Cpu (5900x) isn't using the best cores anymore within games (mostly using 2nd CCD cores which are slower than 1st CCD cores)

Maybe there are more issues, but these are the issues i can directly connect to those drivers.

Now i'm back to 22.5.1 and no more crashing in mentioned games and cpu is using my 1st CCD best cores again.

A friend of mine (using a 6900XT) has the same issues within rFactor 2.

My system:

PSU: Corsair HX850

Mainboard: MSI B550 Unify

CPU: AMD 5900x B2

GPU: AMD 6800XT

RAM: GSkill 32Gbyte 3600CL16 Samsung B-Die

If someone needs further information than don't hesitate to contact me.

2 Replies
Fantasma_N3D
Adept II

I do not have a solution but I also saw the scheduling bug from Zen with two chiplets:

Wrong core affinity with the new DX11 driver and Z... - AMD Community

Just to let AMD know that this is really a bug with the new DX11 driver.

Stoerdienst
Adept I

I've tested each driver until 23.2.1 and the problem is still existing.

RFactor 2 crashing while loading to track or while driving.

GTA 5 crashing after short time

Wrong affinity used for 5900x (cores in the "slower" ccd are used in a lot of games)

Would be nice to know if driver team is normally working together with developers to solve issues and how to start a possible communication between game developer and driver developer.

Would also be nice to know when the affinity thing will be solved.

At the moment i can't really recommend AMD cards to user when needed for specific software.

Hopefully the problems could be solved, because those AMD cards aren't bad.