cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lordlog117
Journeyman III

Dual Monitor Setup not working like used to.

So I am using an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Graphics Card. Before my issue, I was Freely able to have a dual monitor setup with both monitors resolutions at 1080p one at standard scaling and the other at 5% scaling. That software or driver version was 17.-.- 

However, to have some games work again I needed to update to a newer version. I selected the optional 19.6.1 when installing a new Radeon Software. doing so my monitors changed. my standard monitor works fine, however, my secondary monitor is having a list of issues. first, when I go into some settings, the computer says that the monitor is disabled, and I do not know how to re-enable it. The secondary monitor turns on when I enable the cloning mode. but I don't want that. I want to have 2 monitors doing 2 different things. 
that's just a basic overview of my current issue. I would like help ASAP!

0 Likes
4 Replies
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Try 19.5.1 instead, but see the notes regarding enduro if you're running a laptop. Alternatively you can try 19.4.3, as this was the last driver configuration before enduro and mantle were dropped.

It would help to know that this card is, what it is in, is it discrete, mobile, etc.

0 Likes

Ok, I have moved to a lower version from 19.6.1 to 19.5.2 I wanted 19.5.1 but there was no option to choose from. I am still getting the same results as last time. not being able to run a dual monitor setup. I am planning a better more stable computer setup to better handle a multi-monitor setup. the current one uses 2 different branded monitors. both completely different from each other. that could be causing the issue. I only mainly use a secondary monitor to monitor the computer performance stats or to google something while I am doing another thing. I am using a Custom build computer. Hardware Below:

• AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Graphics Card
  • AMD Phenom || X4 965 Processor 3.40Ghz Quad Core
  • 8 GB RAM

In the Future, I will make a new build with some of the latest hardware on the market. so I can hopefully be running a nice setup with working dual monitors. I can take recommendations. anyways thanks for the help!

0 Likes

Were you able to run two monitors with 19.5.1?

0 Likes
coliathj
Journeyman III

Same problem.

• AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
  • AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor
  • 8 GB RAM

Just started after the latest windows update.

0 Likes