cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bobcatsassafras
Journeyman III

dual monitor rapid disconnection

Hey , and thanks in advance for anyone who takes a look at this.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7

Processor Count: 4

RAM: 16267 Mb

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, -1 Mb

Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (10 GB Free); D: 127 GB (57 GB Free); E: 244 GB (86 GB Free); F: 1862 GB (538 GB Free);

Motherboard: ASRock, Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

Here's a video that shows the issue I'm having. https://www.dropbox.com/s/etotqv3pt28nam5/IMG_4258.MOV?...

For the first 24 hours following the successful installation of the new graphics card (the R9 listed above) everything ran as it did before; dual monitors with extended displays working perfectly. Then all of a sudden, I have that issue in the video, where it shows my primary (left hand) monitor blinking in and out of connection with a blank display.

-Checked all cables, switched them around. Looks good there

-Both monitors function independently without issue, in single monitor setup and as you can see both monitors work during bootup as mirrored display, as well as during safe-mode.

-As soon as a 2nd monitor is connected (does not matter which one) the problem shown above begins

-I have done a clean uninstall of all my video drivers using UDD and then reinstalled the drivers but the problem persists

Anyone ran into an issue like this before or have an idea what the problem might be?

Cheers

0 Likes
0 Replies