cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

snnrman
Journeyman III

Dual Graphic driver is NOT working

After five hours of trying to get at least one graphics card to work, I give up. I have ASUS X550DP with A8 5550M (5550G graphic card) + AMD 8670M + fresh Windows 10. No matter what driver I tried, I have an exclamation point in the device manager and the laptop is hot as a pan.

I've tried:

ASUS VGA drivers for Windows 8: Device Manager show two graphic cards (5550G + 8670M), both with yellow triangle. Radeon Control Center does not start.
Crimson ReLive 16.2.1: shows me only 8670M with yellow triangle, no Dual Graphic settings at all, 5550G not recognised.
Catalyst 15.7.1: shows me only 5550G with yellow triangle, no Dual Graphic settings at all, 8670M not recognised.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Maybe the wrong driver? > Laptop graphics update...How to

According to this you have a A8 5550 APU with 8550G and a 8670M graphics chip:

Asus X550DP - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews

0 Likes

It shows me same legacy drivers which not working with Dual GPU config.

0 Likes

Just to be clear...you have switchable graphics, not dual graphics. Are you assigning the high performance graphics to whatever game you are trying to play? Understand that some applications and games will not use the high performance chip by default. OGL games and applications like browsers are two.

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Did you disable anti-virus/delete AMD folder and the other steps outlined here? > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Honestly I don't care what graphic it is, I just want it to work right at least for one of 2 GPU.

It's a fresh Windows 10 install, no antivirus nor drivers before.

0 Likes

Clean install on clean system, Catalyst 15.7.1: Graphic driver AMD is not installed or working incorrectly. Only 8550G in Device Manager with yellow triangle.

0 Likes

I see alot of these errors with Win10 users after the last batch of Microsoft 'updates'. I would revert to the previous version ..if that is possible. The legacy drivers don't seem to work well with it.

Of course some people have solved this issue by reverting to the OS the laptop was designed for. Happy campers.

0 Likes

Tried W10 1703, no luck. Moving on.

0 Likes