cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Spoticus
Journeyman III

Drivers saying system does not meet minimum requirements on every game.

I am running an RX 5700 XT with an R9 5900x, and 2X16GB sticks of 3600mhz RAM. However, the drivers on all games simply say neither CPU or GPU meet minimum requirements, despite them running perfectly, I see this as a problem as if I get poor performance in games I would like to easily be able to identify whether it is the GPU or CPU bottlenecking. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
buzz74
Adept I

I have exactly the same thing on a brand new 6800xt and i7 9700k. Every game comes up and tells me its incompatible and that i should upgrade to a 6900xt. Why are developers of such low quality these days. We are paying premium prices for your product, the least you could do is get it right.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Skrybe
Challenger

Can you clarify? Are you talking about the Radeon Software Gaming tab where it gives you a performance report on each game? Or something else?

Can you tell us what games (doesn't have to be all the ones you've tried but at least a few) and what resolutions you're trying to play at?

0 Likes

I've had a similar thing (see picture). I would say that game compatibility/requirements behind the scenes are 'score' based, and due to some bug '0' is being returned. Personally, I'm going to assume Among us doesn't suddenly have some hefty new minimum requirements, and just ignore what the radeon software says.

unknown-1.png

0 Likes

That's interesting, my Gaming tab doesn't have a compatibility list like yours. Just realised it's related to Upgrade Advisor (which I have turned off). Enabling that I get the compatibility tab which shows the same "Does not meet minimum requirements". It's pretty flawed in other ways too - it thinks Half-Life 2 is Team Fortress 2 for example.

I'm with @SmakDaddy - just ignore what the compatibility tab says and use your own judgment. Or rely on the AVG framerate figure in the per game information. If that's really low then tweak your settings.

0 Likes
buzz74
Adept I

I have exactly the same thing on a brand new 6800xt and i7 9700k. Every game comes up and tells me its incompatible and that i should upgrade to a 6900xt. Why are developers of such low quality these days. We are paying premium prices for your product, the least you could do is get it right.

0 Likes
hitbm47
Forerunner

It's a bug in Radeon Software, mine does it as well currently.

AMD manages to break things when they introduce new features in drivers, there as some issues that has been present for 4 years which they have not fixed and even now ended support for those cards on which it used to work.

For example, some people say their R9 Fury has not been able to do VR for years and now it will never be fixed for them.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Pumpenfahrer
Journeyman III

I have the same problems since I did a clean instal of win10 21H1.
My system is Asrock 970 extreme4 16GB RAM, FX8350, RX590(8GB VRAM.
And since update to Adrenalin 21.6.1 my hdd is rattling on idle every 10 seconds.
For solving this problem I did a complete uninstal with AMD uninstall tool and then made a rollback to 20.12.1. The problem with requirement detection is still there but my hdd stops making this noise(like when the disk tries to park the heads)

Hi @Pumpenfahrer 

How is you performance with that FX 8350? I also use it a lot, but as I have noted on a lot of other posts I have narrowed down a performance issue related with the removal of "Radeon Additional Settings" in 17.7.2 where since 17.7.2 AMD lost some of their optimizations for DirectX 9 Unreal Engine 3 games where I would get a 64% performance drop in minimum framerate areas of games such as,

Unreal Tournament 3 (drops from 80FPS down to 29FPS),

Alien Rage,

Alien Breed,

Heroes of Might and Magic,

XCOM: Enemy Unkown,

etc.

with any driver newer than 17.7.1

Kind regards

0 Likes

Hi hitbm47!

I didn't have recognized any problems like yours. My system works actualy f.e.jedi fallen order with grafic setting texture high and rest of it medium with constant 60 fps. I think it´'s ok for such an old hardware.

You should try with the ingame setting fps=0 and adrenalin chill between 55 and 65 fps.

On apex legends I've had an issue with bad lags and after changing my settings as discribed it works fine.

Best regards

Hi @Pumpenfahrer 

Don't get me wrong, the FX 8350 is probably my favourite CPU (not performance wise, but in terms of its' design) and would be cool if we could see a CPU like it again with modern IPC gains, but the same design, just for fun.

There are some newer games that perform exceptionally well with it and I still think it is a relatively capable CPU. But I do not experience these problems in all games, but rather on post 17.7.1 drivers with DirectX 9 Unreal Engine 3 games in very specific parts of the maps that perform 64% worse than they used to, independent of things like AI and physics going on.

It specifically seems to be an Unreal Engine 3 optimization missing on GCN cards since 17.7.2.

Here is the link if you want to see proof and also test it yourself for UT3: https://community.amd.com/t5/opengl-vulkan/unreal-tournament-3-rx-480-still-performs-horribly-can-it...

The post was before I knew it was related to the 17.7.2 driver and "Radeon Additional Settings" being removed.

Kind regards

0 Likes