Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stitch2k1
Adept I

Drivers not functioning (R9 270x)

Jump to solution

Hi, I recently got myself a SSD and have put Win7 (64bit) to replace my Win8.1 on my original HDD. Upon reaching the point of installing GPU drivers they installed fine, but every time I try to run a game they won't work. I have reinstalled, and done countless reboots.

GPU:AMD Radeon R9 270x (4gb)

CPU: Intel Core i3-2130

Memory: 8gb of RAM (no idea who)

I am using the latest drivers, Crimson 17.4.3, I do not have ReLive.

I can provide absolutely any info needed, I would really like to fix this as opposed to returning to Win8.1.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hardwood
Paragon

Re: Drivers not functioning (R9 270x)

Jump to solution

Clean it with DDU and start with driver called WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.2.1-Feb28 then update AFTER you've made a restore point.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

The AMD drivers should be on the same partition/drive as the OS.

Windows 7 must be ​fully​updated ​before​ attempting to install any AMD driver. Critical, recommended. and the relevant Optional updates. WU must tell you 'there are no more updates'. Then install the correct driver > Desktop  using the clean install method > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

ReLive is a option that will appear after the graphics drivers have been installed, just before the 'reboot' notice.

Important information about Crimson ReLive support

stitch2k1
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have fully updated Win7 and clean installed AMD drivers and they still not being detected by any game. They don't even open, this isn't a gimmick for one game, EVERY game has been this way.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Look in Device Manager...any yellow marks? What display/graphics does it say you have installed? What anti-virus do you use?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Need to check the system files for errors. Open a command prompt ​as administrator ​ and copy/paste this   sfc/scannow  let it search for and correct any system errors. If it finds errors it couldn't repair, run this > Fix SFC /scannow errors that were not repaired

0 Likes
stitch2k1
Adept I

Jump to solution

No I do not have any yellow marks, and I'm unable to do anything relating to driver updates with the GPU in Device Manager.

I do not have an anti-virus (yet), I want to avoid it until I get everything working.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Did you run scannow?

0 Likes
stitch2k1
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes I did, I forgot to add that. It said that there were zero problems.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

Jump to solution

Clean it with DDU and start with driver called WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.2.1-Feb28 then update AFTER you've made a restore point.

View solution in original post

stitch2k1
Adept I

Jump to solution

I redid a clean uninstall and installed 17.2.1 version of the drivers and it worked fine. Is it at all worthwhile for me to update it or is it a case of "It doesn't really matter" and "Don't risk breaking it again"?