cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Drivers Issue with AMD Radeaon HD 7670M and HP intel HD 4000 in HP g4-2310tx

Product: HP g4-2310tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone. This is my first question posting in here.. 

My Laptop specifications

Product Name : g4-2310tx

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM : 8GB

BIOS : F.27

Graphic card 01 : AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

Graphic card 02 : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

So my problem, I have HP g4-2310tx laptop from 2013.My laptop have switchable graphics option and it was working great so far.. But last week I had some blue screen issues and there for I just reset Windows 10. After that I went to the HP drivers site ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g4-Notebook-PC-series/5330575/model/534...) for reinstall my drivers.. But after that I faced some issues.

First I tried to install intel HD 4000 drivers from the drivers site and then I got an error saying your system do not have minimum system requirements to install this driver.. And then I google this issue and installed latest drivers for intel HD 4000 from the intel site and then the brightness setting are went ok.. And Then I tried to install drivers for AMD Redeon 7670M drivers from the HP drivers site ( the site I mentioned above) And when installing screen goes black and laptop keep restating windows not loading.Then I went to safe mode and uninstalled AMD Redeon 7670M driver from the device manager and then it works as usual. Then I tried to install latest drivers from the AMD site and then AMD driver works fine but not the Intel Driver. In device manager Intel driver shows with a yellow exclamation mark.

I tried many googling and nothing fixing my problem. From one HP post I found first We have to install Intel drivers and then the AMD driver beta version I tried it and then everything is ok but games keep crashing.

Highly appreciate someone gives a solution. And Please if you can give me direct links to fix this issue it will be great

Thank you

0 Likes
9 Replies

Laptop graphics update...How to 

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD

0 Likes

I tried your methods but it did not give me a solution.. The issue is still same..

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The latest driver for your Intel IGPU has 15.33.48.5069 version and 5/15/2019 date.
The latest driver for your AMD GPU has 15.7.1 version and 7/29/2015 date.
You should use these drivers. If a problem still exists, only install AMD display driver and test your GPU with FurMark (800x600 without AA).
Edit: But You should use Windows 1809 not 1903. AMD does not provide driver support for your GPU. I guess you don't want your screen to change colors.

0 Likes

I tried your methods but my games are not working when using high performance

0 Likes

According to HP Support, there are no Windows 10 drivers for your laptop. Only Windows 7 & 8 Drivers. That might be the reason why the drivers from HP Support site for your laptop was having issues with Windows 10 OS.

If you were to install the original Windows 7 or 8 and then install all the HP Drivers most likely your laptop will work correctly. Afterwards you can update the AMD and Intel Graphics to the latest Windows 7 or 8 drivers available.

But if you installed Windows 10 then you need to update all the Windows 7 or 8 drivers to Windows 10 drivers in case some of the Windows 7 or 8 drivers are in conflict with Windows 10.

By the way, I notice the last BIOS update is from 2016  BIOS version F.27 Rev A (Under Windows 7 OS). Is this your current BIOS Version installed in your laptop? It is for Intel Processors.

Thank you for your reply.. Yes I have installed BIOS version F.27 Rev A. Do I have to install both intel and Amd processors BIOS ?

0 Likes

There is no "Intel" or "AMD" BIOS. The BIOS is a special program used by the computer to boot the computer up.

Since you have the latest BIOS version installed then that is  good.

0 Likes

So.. I think BIOS version F.27 Rev A is the latest BIOS version for my system.. Are there any way to find out are there any new version..? I already tried windows updates.

0 Likes

That is the last BIOS update from HP Support. You have an old Laptop that isn't supported with Driver updates anymore from HP Support.

I would suggest and open a HP Support Ticket and asking them if your laptop is compatible with Windows 10 and if they will have any Windows 10 drivers (Graphics for Intel and AMD) /BIOS to download in the future. See what they recommend.