cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

salik
Journeyman III

Drivers installation issue with Amd radeon hd8790m.

I am using Dell latitude e6540 which is having dedicated graphics of amd radeon hd8790m, I am using this notebook for about 2 years but since the first day I am having some serious kind of issue with installing amd drivers, whenever I install its official latest drivers from amd official site most of the time the installer just hang on middle and whole of system just freezes if I hard restart my pc, next time on booting display is totally gone, so somehow I needs to go in safe mode to uninstall amd drivers then display works 

There was one old driver of amd I dont exactly remember which one was that but it worked properly and all of my apps and games were working fine but also when I tried to update it with official driver installer some bad stuff happens which result in either the same issue or drivers fails to install, so it means there is no issue with my hardware.

Now I have reinstalled my windows and lost that driver version and trying to install amd drivers for 2 days, I have downloaded latest version for my gpu which is Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2  

but issue is still the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
salik
Journeyman III

Thanks alot, that worked totally fine, I install old amd drivers from dell site and then downloaded latest adrenaline edition drivers from amd and installed them, now everything is working fine

View solution in original post

25 Replies