cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Drivers for S9300 x2

First I've been to the AMD drivers page for the card - it tell me Linux and sends me to a github page with no real help.

Been fighting with a new to me S9300 x2 for a few days now. First ESXi seems to think the 1 card is 2 R9 Furys/Nano, I think that's okay since I am doing pass through to a VMs. Tried to do my stuff in linux with them the drivers are effectively not gaming drivers, or would the card be recognised for folding at home or my plex server.

So I went to do it on W10 - It can see the devices and will correctly identify them using the Radeon Pro install, but once I am done installing, the Radeon Pro tells me I have no AMD devices installed. When i look in task manager both device will have a stop code fo 43. I can reinstall the drivers and this fixes them, but does not allow them to be used at all. If I reboot they go back to stop code 43.

Anyone have any ideas? Are there magic drivers for this? 

Help!

0 Likes
7 Replies

AMD Moderator of Professional GPU cards @fsadough can assist you. But you will probably need to post your complete computer setup and versions.

So you are using Linux instead of Windows 10 OS?  What version?

Is this a Work Station PC?

Which AMD driver version are you trying to install?

Etc.

No, this is a Server (S Card not a W card) this card is currently plugged into the Mezzanine x16 card slot and powered approperaly

HP DL385 Gen8 

ESXi 6.5 (Update 3 version 650.U3.9.6.10)

32 CPUs x AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6376

128 GB of Ram (ECC)

AMD FirePro S9300 x2  

I've enabled pass through from the host OS to the guest OSs W10 or Linux (ubuntu LTS), I also wonder if something is wrong at the host since it references the card as 2 seperate cards and says they are R9 Fury Nanos

Drivers for win10 I tried are everything from AMD FirePro Retail WHQL -15.201.2401 to  Radeon pro software 21.q2 june18.

Currently on a Fresh install of (guest OS) W10 - with the drivers noted as the 27.20.15003.1004 drivers dated 3/10/2021

Thanks for the Update. I am sure this will be useful to FSADOUGH when he is able to answer next week.

EDIT: If this is a Server, if by any chance FSADOUGH isn't able to answer the thread you can also post your question at AMD Forum's SERVER GURU which deals with everything to do with Server Hardware and software from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus

But I would wait to see if FSADOUGH is able to have time to answer your question first.

Thank you - 

0 Likes

No response in a week, should I assume AMD doesn't care?

0 Likes

The problem is that AMD  Forums is a User to User format. AMD Forums is moderated by AMD employees but it isn't AMD SUPPORT.

So if no Users responds or even AMD Moderator you either don't have all the information needed for other Users to comment or there is no interest your issue.

Try open a AMD Support ticket and see what they recommend from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Note: AMD Moderators have read your thread though. But none felt a need to comment.

0 Likes
45track
Journeyman III

Can anyone tell me where to find these drivers, because every time download, I found exe files.

0 Likes