Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BosScott
Journeyman III

Drivers for Ryzen 9 7950x graphics

Heya,

What drivers do I need to install so that I get changeable resolution out of the HDMI port on my motherboard? Current output is fixed at 1024x768.

CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x

mobo: ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO

GPU: Gigabyte OC Gaming 4090

Do I need the full "AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition" or can I just install a driver? The "Auto-Detect and Install" software link is broken on the 7950x support page.

Any help appreciated.

Scott.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First the Auto-Detect is temporarily disabled until further notice.

Here is the latest AMD VGA Driver for your 7950X APU: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-7...

Since you have a Nvidia GPU card installed BIOS automatically made that the Main Display adapter and the 7950x is secondary.

There might be a AMD/Nvidia VGA Driver conflict.

Use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting, if created, both AMD & Nvidia Driver Installation folders at C:\AMD & C:\Nvidia BEFORE installing the VGA Drivers.

Install the latest AMD APU Driver and see if it installs correctly and in Device Manager there are no errors with either the AMD nor the Nvidia GPU card's drivers.

Then upload a image of GPU-Z which will show if the AMD has enabled all the correct API's for your APU IGPU.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

First the Auto-Detect is temporarily disabled until further notice.

Here is the latest AMD VGA Driver for your 7950X APU: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-7...

Since you have a Nvidia GPU card installed BIOS automatically made that the Main Display adapter and the 7950x is secondary.

There might be a AMD/Nvidia VGA Driver conflict.

Use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting, if created, both AMD & Nvidia Driver Installation folders at C:\AMD & C:\Nvidia BEFORE installing the VGA Drivers.

Install the latest AMD APU Driver and see if it installs correctly and in Device Manager there are no errors with either the AMD nor the Nvidia GPU card's drivers.

Then upload a image of GPU-Z which will show if the AMD has enabled all the correct API's for your APU IGPU.