Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

filipemota
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Drivers for ATI Mobility Radeon X2500

Hi there, here's my problem, it's been almost 8 years since I bought my laptop which came in with an ATI Mobility Radeon X2500. I had Windows Vista at the the time and I have updated for Windows 7 and now Windows 8.1. The problem is this: every time I try to turn on my laptop the only thing that shows up on the screen is my cursor and I have to suspend and then start my windows again to notice the MOM.Implementation error. I tried everything and the only driver existing for my laptop is for windows vista. I do not have money to buy another laptop and I have spent money on windows 8.1 and I get any driver for windows 8.1 to the ATI device that I possess. I want to ask you to please provide us the driver of vista updated for Windows 8.1 please. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Drivers for ATI Mobility Radeon X2500

You should have stopped at Win7   The x2500 does not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 8.1. It's a WDDM thing. Your card has been ina legacy position for a couple of years or so. There will not be a version that is compatible with Windows 8.1. It is impossible. There are programs available that claim to mod the driver so it will work on modern Operating Systems..but you will never have the full functionality of the OS.

0 Kudos