cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

venkatmamidi
Journeyman III

Drivers for AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M with AMD Radeon HD 7640G/7670M Dual GPU (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

I am having AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M with AMD Radeon HD 7640G/7670M Dual GPU (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) When I am installing drivers in windows 8.1 I am receiving OS blue screen error.  I tried with 15.7.1 WHQL and even with Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta but no luck.

I tried with below drivers I got Blue screen error and OS is crashed

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7670m 

And I tried with below drivers even though I got Blue screen error and OS is crashed

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-laptops/a8-4500m-rade... 

0 Likes
3 Replies

First, AMD stopped supporting Windows 8/8.1 a few years ago.  So there won't be any more Driver updates for that Windows OS.

Try this method of installing the AMD A8 APU Driver which is the one you need to install.

Make sure your Windows 8/8.1 is fully updated via Windows Update.

Then download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and run it either on Windows Desktop or Safe Mode (recommended) with the Internet disconnected.

Once DDU finishes removing all traces of your current AMD driver and boots back into Windows Desktop. Delete the AMD Folder at C:\AMD.

Still with the internet disconnected, run the full A8 APU Driver package which will install both Laptop GPU drivers. Once it successfully installs, reconnect the Internet and again delete C:\AMD folder to prevent future corruption of Driver installs and clear space on your HDD/SSD.

Make sure you download the correct Windows 8/8.1 Driver for your laptop. You have 2 version, the x32 and x64 versions.

NOTE: IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO USE YOUR LAPTOP"S SUPPORT DRIVERS RATHER THEN AMD GENERIC DRIVERS. Your Laptop Support drivers are customized to work 100% with your laptop which is preferable.

Please suggest for windows 10 64bit, I am faced same issue.

0 Likes

You have the correct link for Windows 8/8.1 and 10 download for your AMD A8 APU.

Unfortunately, your A8 APU is considered to be "Legacy" and not supported by AMD any more with driver updates. you only have two choices:

1- 2015 WHQL

2-2016 BETA

You only need to install the AMD APU Driver which will automatically install both the Integrated and Discrete AMD GPU Drivers.

But it is always best to install the drivers from your Laptop Manufacturer Support Download page which are 100% compatible with your laptop.

If you post your Make & Model & S/N of your laptop I can see what Drivers and BIOS and CHIPSET your laptop manufacturer has for downloading.

NOTE: What Windows OS came originally with your laptop and what Windows OS version you now have installed in your laptop,

0 Likes