cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GrahamChap
Journeyman III

Drivers etc

Every so often when I click on the AMD link I get a message saying that my drivers are not compatible. I go to AMD website, allow it to ascertain my model etc and then download and install the suggested software/drivers. All works fine, then sometime later I click on the link to AMD and just get the error message. There are no problems with my display etc, but it will not open AMD link, just shows the error message.

I have not been able to see what circumstances cause it to throw up the error message. Sometimes when I restart laptop the AMD link still works, other times it does not.

I am reasonably computer literate, and keep the install file so I can use it next time - although today just in case I downloaded from AMD page. Installed it, everything fine, restarted laptop get error message again.

HELP! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vynski
Exemplar

If your referring to the Adrenalin software it sounds like you are installing over a previous version.  When yo install new versions of Adrenalin make sure you uninstall the previous drivers, reboot, then install the new version.  Some users prefer DDU, myself I prefer BC uninstaller.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Axton
Challenger

Are you talking about AMD "Link"?  https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amd-link-faq 

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

If your referring to the Adrenalin software it sounds like you are installing over a previous version.  When yo install new versions of Adrenalin make sure you uninstall the previous drivers, reboot, then install the new version.  Some users prefer DDU, myself I prefer BC uninstaller.  

0 Likes

Thanks. I am by no means expert, but as part of the installation process from the AMD website it uninstalls the previous one. I do not know what DDU or BC are, my laptop came with Radeon installed, and then I received a message to update. Ever since doing the update I have had the problem. I will try uninstalling first then reloading.

0 Likes

I am not sure what all of the specs are in DDU (Radeon Driver Uninstaller) but, BC Uninstaller (Bulk Crap Uninstaller) scans for every link associated with what you select to uninstall and allows the user to delete those links.  It also scans your USER Appdata and allows you to delete bulk crap that software so often installs.  If you have never used it I would strongly recommend just using the default settings.  If you don't use the default settings, you can trash Windows pretty quickly if your not aware of what you are doing. 

Thanks for that, very useful.

0 Likes

Post a pic of error pop-up.

It could be window update installing its driver version?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes