cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hashir
Journeyman III

drivers crash and timeout issue RX5700XT ryzen 9 3900x / crashing during games and streaming

since the start of 2021 the new software updates are not doing really well,i built a solid AMD PC with RX5700XT and Ryzen 9 3900x and it has dissapointed me alot,the software and drivers are all up to date but still while playing simple games such as valorant it says a driver timeout or a crash and screen goes black and everything freezes,to continue i have to restart the PC ,started streaming and lately this has been a big problem,all the new updates have not fixed this problem,1 hour into the stream and the same problem drivers crash and everything freezes,tried to search up every method online,deleted the latest software and installed the previous ones in which it had a less of a problem  but still the same problem and it tells me to update to new software otherwise the radeon software doesnt even open.

i dont understand how can i fix this ,its benn so stressing and feels like a complete waste of money and i dont know what to do,cant even play a game for 1 straight hour on this PC without the drivers getting crashed.

0 Likes
7 Replies
BubbaNoy
Adept II

My 5700xt doesn't like independent power cables, it kept crashing from the desktop because I was using 2 sperate power cables from the power supply. Which is what AMD recommends, but the system was not stable at all.

I took a chance and hooked it up using a single pci-e power going to both ports and low and behold, my computer has been rock solid ever since.

i have the 2 power supply pins in to two slots in the graphic cards,im dumb and dont know much about tech stufff,i can share this pic,i dont understand how i can make it into a single pci-e power going to both ports.i can see 1 pin free and 2 insidei can see 1 pin free and 2 inside

0 Likes

1 pci-e power cable should provide you with enough power and pins to power up the 5700xt. Since the 5700xt only need 14 pin.

I don't know how your power supply is setup but modular power should have a PCI-E slot, you just need one of those cables going to your gpu power connectors.

0 Likes
RPX100
Miniboss

@hashir hey there.

Please have a look at this topic: RX 5000 series crash types and reasons
Let me know if that helped you.

---
@BubbaNoy did you check your power supply manual?
How are these 12V rails configured? Not all PSUs are configured the same way.
Some can handle up to 750W on a single 12V rail, and some split 1000W into 2x 500W rails.

A 12V rail with 25A (300W) should be enough to handle the RX 5700 XT.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Technical question do you have something like this? In device manager your card,event tab.

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_E4111DA2&REV_CA\6&5738d8c&0&00000019 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem13.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdwddmg
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

0 Likes
Betrion
Journeyman III

Did you manage to fix it? If yes can u tell us how?

0 Likes

I bought a 6900XT and the issues went away. Weird part is that I put the 5700xt into another 3900 system, but with a B450 motherboard and no issues on that system, rock solid over a year now.

So 6900XT rock solid on x570 motherboard, 5700XT rock solid on B450 motherboard, both 850w PS. Weird on how each chipset acts differently on the Amd GPU. No issues with team green GPU's on either boards, then again can't beat Team Reds Price to Performance.

0 Likes