Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tamdser
Journeyman III

Drivers and Support for A88X chipstes

Hello,
in this page "AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops " i can't found any link or information for Drivers and Support for the A88X chipstes.

Thanks for any help or clarification.

0 Likes
6 Replies

You can get it from your motherboard manufacturer, and through Windows Update.

0 Likes
tamdser
Journeyman III

Honestly, it's not the answer I'm looking for.

In the "https://www.amd.com/en/support" section, selecting "Chipsets" shows the following chip families:
AMD Socket TR4
AMD Socket AM4
AMD 9-Series Chipsets
AMD 8-Series Chipsets
AMD 7-Series Chipsets
AMD 6-Series Chipsets

In all the families indicated there is no reference to the A88X chipsets.

I think that for an AMD product it is correct to find support on the original site of the hardware manufacturer: AMD site.

Does the motherboard manufacturer site close the support page for your product? What are we doing?

I think AMD will cooperate and specify what kind of support to give to its Legacy products.

Sorry for the question, but I think it is necessary.

Thanks for further clarification.

0 Likes

Most likely AMD doesn't support those legacy Motherboard chipsets anymore. AMD may still support the CPU/APUs that are supported by those legacy motherboards.

This is the only AMD page concerning those type of legacy Motherboards : AMD Socket FM2 Plus Platform | AMD

Unfortunately there is no AMD Driver download link in the entire page which suggests that AMD doesn't support those motherboard chipsets. That is why you need to go to your motherboard's manufacturing Support site to get the last Chipset driver update for your motherboard.

Is their any why that I can download my AMD chipset .Please let e know .

THANKS,

0 Likes

Starting with FM1 AMD eliminated what was traditionally known as the "chipset", moving the controllers and other functions onto the CPU itself, so there are very few "drivers" needed, and with the way Windows has worked since 7, drivers are provided through Windows Update as well.

Here is an EXAMPLE ONLY from one of Gigabyte Motherboards that use FM2+ Sockets: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A78M-DASHV-rev-10#support-dl-driver-chipset

It has CHIPSETS for Windows 7 - 10:

GA-F2A78M-DASHV
(rev. 1.0)

Driver(+17)

• Chipset
      ChipsetVersionSizeDateDownload

AMD Chipset Driver (include chipset \ sata raid \ VGA \ USB driver)

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit,Windows 7 64bit,Windows 7 32bit,Windows 10 64bit,Windows 10 32bit

[15.201.2201]805.66 MB2015/11/24

Asia on China America, within Europe

[14.100.0.0]233.97 MB2015/04/14

[14.100.0.0] 675.11 MB 10/06/2014

So you need to go to your Motherboard's Support site and see if they have any updated CHIPSETS for your Motherboard or as mentioned previously, you can have Windows Update install whatever is available for your Motherboard.