cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zmaj
Journeyman III

Drivers and software causing computer crash

Can anybody help? I was playing valorant and my screens randomly went black. My pc still appeared to be on and I still heard sound, so I had to force shut down. When I turned it back on, only one of my monitors was displaying and the amd app wouldn’t open. I tried restarting a few times but then I downloaded the newest driver from online, then after restart both monitors displayed and the amd app opened fine. After opening valorant again, my computer crashed again after 20 seconds just as it did before. When I turned it back on, same issue only one monitor displays. I then uninstall amd app and drivers and reinstall. Restart and it’s fine again, open valorant and same crash. Uninstall & reinstall driver and things look fine but then this time I don’t even open valorant I just use google chrome and have some folders open and it crashes after a few minutes the same way. Checked and the monitors both work fine on other devices. Checked and there are no seating or cable issues. Now, the only way my pc won't crash is if I don't have any the amd software and drivers installed.  I went on device manager and selected the gpu and clicked update drivers and it said it was already up to date, but that there may be better drivers on the manufacturer's website. Is it safe to play games without the drivers installed? Anything else I should try doing? I'm not sure what to do from here. 

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

PSU: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

1 Reply
Dacias
Adept I

try rolling back you driver i am using 20.11.2  my gpu is running stable with this 

the new driver is not so hot for 5700 xt series 

turn off xmp profile if you have it enaple 

and turn off fast startup in windows 

and make sure when you delete you driver before you install a new one.use ddu (display driver uninstaller.)

and in adranalin choose standard profile 

0 Likes