cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Henevy
Journeyman III

Drivers 23.2.1 and 23.2.2 causes system hang/crash/BSOD after using a OpenGL application.

After I upgraded to 23.2.1 or 23.2.2, during the execution of a OpenGL workload, such as using Furmark/Affinity suite and Minecraft java, the system hangs.

peripheric don't work, un-plug and plug back it change nothing, their LEDs do not turn on.

23.1.1 just work perfectly without any of these problems. 

I already tried to DDU and disable MPO.

What can I do to fix the issue?

My system: 

MBA 7900 XT

Ryzen 7600x

Motherboard B650E-F (last bios update already installed)

PSU: RM750X

monitor benQ ex2710r

Dump files folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1329YszfGRTb8vgn6DmD0uSscWiUdyyBA?usp=sharing

Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

I see your monitor has Freesync and a refresh rate above 144Hz. Freesync is currently broken since 23.1.2 with high refresh rate monitors on the 7000-series GPUs. I have the same issue with my setup (7900XTX). You can either disable Freesync directly in your monitor (not just in Adrenalin) or set a lower refresh rate. 144Hz seems to work fine with Freesync.

0 Likes

Are you sure of that information? can you give me more tests about that please?

i'm about to send back my 6950xt because of problems i have on my 240Hz screen flashing in white since the latests updates and all proofs are good for the process

0 Likes

Here's a thread with a collection of Freesync/BSOD/Crash issues, for the 7000-series at least.

[DPC_Watchdog_Violation][amdkmdag.sys][RX 7900 XTX... - AMD Community

Unfortunately I don't know about the 6000-series but you can always try the workarounds mentioned. Hope it helps.

0 Likes

Thanks for the share, for my problem it won't work but at least it's here in case of

0 Likes