cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hunter-
Adept II

driver version with VSR

cheers community.Can u recommend me  a driver version with VSR for R9 fury X for win 8.1 pro x64?Please

thanks,

I need win 8.1 x64 driver for my R9 fury X with VSR(virtual super resolution) included.I tried different crimson driver for my fury X in win 8.1 x64 but all driver have VSR off pastedImage_3.gif
A long time ago I remember I found a driver with VSR,but I canot remember which version was.Someone can help me pls?I need VSR

0 Likes
20 Replies

Here are the latest drivers > AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X Drivers & Support | AMD 

hunter-
Adept II

man do u read what I wrote? I need a driver with VSR active.I tried  many many version from that list, and all of them have VSR off...

If you enter an additional resolution value with AMD Settings software, VSR will not work ...
Check the settings, not the driver versions. If you are using CRU software, look at its settings.

0 Likes

All version have it available....something else is the problem.

How to Configure AMD Virtual Super Resolution and Radeon™ Image Sharpening | AMD 

hunter-
Adept II

I don t understand AMD logic.they offer latest driver adrenalin(2019) for win 7 ,and win 7 support is nearly over,and for win 8.1 which is still alive they stop support drivers?Someone can explain me this logic?Win 8.1 is the best OS for gaming and for stability overall and they sabotage this OS ? OMFG!Win 10 is full of adware and bloatware an many system running slowly.the best compromise is win 8.1 pro which is the best.........

green camp offer latest driver 2019 for their card for win 8.1 pro....win7-end.jpg

0 Likes

According to your image, either drivers are not fully installed or your monitor resolution is low and VSR feature does not work. I am using Windows 10.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

I posted that image with another purpose.To show that amd company are crazy.they offer latest driver for an dead platform ,and for win 8 which is still alive they stop production of driver.It's unbelievable.i tried win 7 and I come back to 8.1

GG AMD, I love you so much,u are the best..!!!!!!!!!

NOBODY IS LIKE YOU!!

U ARE UNIQUE............

Companies always think about the money in their pockets and make the customers mad. If you do not own Windows 10, Microsoft allows you to use like an insider without buying.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

I wanted VSR feature because I use an lindy adapter from dp 1.2 to hdmi 2.0 4k 60 hz,and without VSR option my image flickering on my  4k TV, and is not from cable or adapter,because with VSR activated there are no more issue.

A long time ago when VSR was present,when I activated there are no more issue with flickering on my TV that's why I wanted so much...nevermind

-latest driver support for win 8.1= ZERO

-VSR support no more available=ZERO

GG AMD!!!

I think I change again the camp.......I go to green camp

vsr.jpg

vsr2.jpg

0 Likes

You should try to your PC with 1080p monitor. Also the driver you use is old. I know because ReLive logo is old. Also Windows 10 OS can be tried. I think your graphics card is strong for Windows 10.
Windows 10 is more stable and has more performance with enough RAM. Meltdown and Specter patches can also be turned off and improved performance, anti-virus too.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

I tried win 10 too and is the same situation.VSR is greyed out.I have it from January until 3 days ago installed on my PC,and now I come back to 8.1.Really if VSR was working in 10 , I stayed on win 10.

VSR is disabled  by the AMD,that's why I asked for old drivers version.

Nevermind,anyway AMD don't care about customers I think, and they don't care about old video card like r9 series.

this topic it's a waste of time ...

good luck.

p.s and btw, u can turn off or disable anything u want cuz the effect is the same.Win 10 is a system killer and memory eater,is full of bloatware,adware,spying program.have cortana and one drive etc etc.Win 10 is a big failure of Microsoft,it worse even than win me or Vista.Always in win 10 hdd and ssd have activity.In my opinion the best windows ever from Microsoft was: win 98 se,win Xp sp2 and win 8.1 pro.Win XP was the titan of titan the best OS

win 10 is a spying operating system !

Don t know why people love 10 so much,probably have much colours than older os......

0 Likes

VSR does not work correctly at R9 390 for 6 months. 
Online Service Request | AMD 
There are two different links above. The first one is a similar discussion. The other is the AMD support page. This forum page is not a place where you can get professional support. If you want to get AMD support, I suggest you write all your hardwares information and problems in detail. Because they are not answering. In addition, the latest driver support for your graphics card is offered.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

ok from what I read in these posts,for VSR work I need somehow to set 1920x1080 as RECOMMENDED not 3840x2160p right?But how?Long time ago when VSR working from what I remember, my display TV it has been recognized as 1920x180 (recommended) not 3840x2160.But I don't remember what can I do to set as 1920x1080 recommended resolution

I hope im not wrong but im sure 90% the problem of VSR is how to set 1080p as recommended reso.on 4k display to work ok.Or im wrong?

tv.jpg

0 Likes

Can you share brand and model of your monitor?
VSR may not work if your monitor supports 4K. I am not sure.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

tv.jpgIn the past,about 1 year ago, VSR function was working perfectly on my Samsung display,trust me.

model: SAM0D42

Samsung 40KU6092u

0 Likes

Monitor Id: SAM0D42 Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (30.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI

Maybe you can't enable it because you don't need VSR.
Because VSR is generally used for 1080p displays.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

30 hz because I have r9 fury x installed in PC and I m on hdmi without lindy adapter,and fury x have only hdmi 1.4 that's why is rated at only 30 hz in 4k.With Display port adapter OR with another video card like gtx 980ti which have hdmi 2.0 I have 3840x2160 at 60hz.

Look with adapter installed I have 60 hz.

And like I said from what I remember the problem is solved.On the video card I have 3 display port.I switch adapter from dp 1 slot to another dp slot and now my display is recognized at 1920x1080p(recommended),SO now I can activate VSR.No more flickering issue with VSR activated.But with VSR activated the image is a little bit jaggied is not like a pure hdmi 2.0.This display support 4k 60 hz with GeForce card with hdmi 2.0.My card have only 1.4

Anyway I want to say IM A GENIUS! Alone I solved the problem

vsr.jpg

vsr2.jpg

NOTE:This trick is only work in win 8.1 pro that.s why I love this OS.On win 10 is not working

I'm glad you solved the problem. Does AMD VSR support 8k? I do not know. Probably not. If there was support, you probably wouldn't have any problems.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

8k maybe on pascal video card like Titan X Pascal.R9 fury x  support only 4k.gtx 980ti support 5kresolution(5120x3220p) and 10x series of GeForce(Pascal) support 8k and rtx series ofc.it s  interesting the fact is the new generation of radeon card still support only 4k resolution.Don 't know why.

For me is a totally mysterious why I can activated VSR on just one single DP port of video card.If I switch adapter on another DP slot of video card, I have again greyed out VSR.So VSR is only work on first DP slot and with win 8.1 pro.I tried in win 10 this combination and is not work

Win 8.1 pro is a titan I love it so much,it's a serious windows not a joke...

Supported VSR modes are dependent on the AMD GPU and the aspect ratio of the connected display. Some VSR modes are only available on certain AMD GPUs. 

For example:

• 4K resolutions are supported on Radeon™ Pro Duo, Radeon™ R9 Fury Series, and Radeon™ R9 Nano and newer series graphics.
  • 5K resolutions are supported on Radeon™ RX 400 Series graphics and newer series graphics.

How to Configure AMD Virtual Super Resolution and Radeon™ Image Sharpening | AMD