Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SwissxCore
Journeyman III

Driver Version 21.10.2 Extended Display & HDR Problems

Hello there,

I've having problems since updating from 21.8.2 to 21.10.2, since updating I'm unable to easily extend my display to both monitors, Windows 10 can detect the second monitor but it's visualised as smaller and greyed out, the "Multiple displays" dropdown menu is set to "Show only on 1", but when setting it to "Extend these displays" only the current monitor flickers, the second doesn't wake up, and I get a prompt asking me to "accept changes" or "revert" even though nothing has changed, nor changes no matter which option I select.

I am able to extend the displays if I first duplicate them, selecting "duplicate these displays" wakes the second monitor up and does what it says, it duplicates them, if I then extend the displays, it works, but I shouldn't have to go through that in order to extend them, clearly something is wrong.

Additionally, HDR no longer enables, clicking the button will slide it on, then back off immediately, the monitors will flicker during this, clearly responding to the changes, both monitors support HDR and is enabled hardware-side (Currently says HDR Emulated), but I can't enable it through the Windows 10 Display Properties ever since updating.

I have both HDMI and Displayport leads (I don't use them at the same time, currently using HDMI), and they both support HDR, which is doubly true since I was using it during 21.8.2.

Any assistance would be appreciated in getting extended displays to work without the workaround, and getting HDR to enable properly as well, thank you!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
GPU: Radeon RX 590 Series
RAM: 16GB
Monitor: BenQ EL2870U (x2)

2 Replies
jmast1161
Journeyman III

Is there any progress on this?  I have nearly the same problem, except I went from 21.8.1 to 21.12.1.  

My hardware set-up is as follows:

Monitor 1 (Main): ASUS VG289 4K

Monitor 2: Dell P2419

GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

After I upgraded to 21.12.1, I could no longer have both monitors display in extended mode AND have HDR enabled on the main monitor.  If I had HDR enabled, the second monitor would be blank after a restart.  If I disabled HDR, the second monitor would then display.  If I tried to turn HDR on while the both monitors were powered, HDR simply would not toggle on.  This worked with 21.8.1 and I have since reverted back to that driver version until this is fixed.

0 Likes

oops my mistake, deleted.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes