cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Krazyjellytot
Journeyman III

Driver updates stop adrenalin from opening

Ever since the AMD adrenalin update on, I believe, 22/10/22 and any update from after this date. All prevent me from being able to open the AMD adrenalin application.  The error is a "[delayed write failed]" and then followed by "Windows was unable to save all the data for the file hs. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere." If any one had any suggestions that would be great so far I have use the AMD cleanup utility to delete all drivers and then redownloaded the latest drivers but the error still persists. 

It may also be worth noting that the pathing displayed in the error pop up is:

C:\Users\My name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition.lmk

Any help would be really appreciated.

4 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Link seems to lead to where task bar icons are saved. Did you have a Radeon link on taskbar?

If you open that link (notice you have to select View - Hidden files so you can see all the links), does it say Radeon software somewhere there? If it does, delete that link for testing and try installing drivers again. It could perhaps be a registry thing too. 

Delayed write in itself should be related to write caching, so disabling it *might* solve the issue. Many posts about this have popped up recently. This is one: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/22-10-2-delayed-write-failed-on-radeon-software/m-p/552672 

0 Likes

Hiya MADZyren,

Thanks for the reply! I tried the steps you suggested and unfortunately it still isnt working. I did a clean reinstall and the application(adrenalin) didn't create a shortcut for itself and when I right click my desktop the AMD adrenalin option is no longer present.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Since it didn't help, you might as well re-enable write caching as it improves performance.

If you type radeon to Windows search, does it find it?

If not, try searching it here C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe and you can create a short-cut to this file for easier access or add it to start.

When you say you reinstalled the application, do you mean you installed driverpackage with Radeon software included?

One way to fix this is to either reinstall Windows or let Windows reinstall itself https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/give-your-pc-a-fresh-start-0ef73740-b927-549b-b7c9-e6f2b... 

0 Likes

Found this tech site about the error you are getting it mentions that the error occurs due to your SSD/HDD doesn't have enough space to run the installation or program:

Screenshot 2022-10-25 110322.png

This tech site from 2022 gives a much more thorough explanation to your error: https://www.partitionwizard.com/disk-recovery/windows-delay-write-failure.html

Screenshot 2022-10-25 110322.png

it then goes to give step by step instructions on how to fix that error.