cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

djclutchadub
Journeyman III

Driver Updates after version 19.1.1 Lag my games

I have a RX480 GPU, MSI Mobo, 24GB of Ram, 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD. I have never had any issues out of it for the past 2 years, except that any driver update after version 19.1.1 severely lags Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I have tested multiple releases between the latest and 19.1.1, and have found no success but to revert to 19.1.1.

When I load into CS:GO (with version 19.1.1), I hit right at 120 FPS in the menu (the menu frame rate is capped to 120). In game, I hover between 120-200 FPS depending on what is going on. When I load in with any other driver version, my Frame rate instantly drops, and doesn't go over 50 FPS. There are no frame rate fluctuations when I am not moving in game when using a driver version newer than 19.1.1. It will not hit above 40 FPS consistently, and will often go up as high as 70s momentarily.

I have tried all I know to do, except reinstall windows (which will take forever, because I make music and will have to reinstall many programs for plugins haha). Any insight is appreciated. Thanks for reading, and God Bless!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
djclutchadub
Journeyman III

I actually solved it myself. The newer driver automatically turned on the Chill Fps option, which would cap my fps, and hit my minimum, so there was not much fluctuation. Hope this may help someone else!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
djclutchadub
Journeyman III

I actually solved it myself. The newer driver automatically turned on the Chill Fps option, which would cap my fps, and hit my minimum, so there was not much fluctuation. Hope this may help someone else!

0 Likes