cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ErikaRam
Adept II

Driver update problem

Okay  I have a bit of a problem Idk if anyone else is as well. So I recently got a new laptop from best Buy that is a MSI Ryzen 5800 with Raedon Rx 6700M graphics. So recently I got a thing saying I could auto update to 11 so I did. Upon doing that and installing 11 it gave me new updates which were like new driver updates / monthly security ones that I had missed ect. So when installing those one of the graphic drivers is apparently version 21:30 (it shows up now on my AMD driver updates as such). Every time it tries to install this I get a thing saying retry and soon after my computer crashes to black screen of death. Upon restarting it it says "Driver installed but not started." and then after that my Pci bus spams me with a restart notification that only fixes when I roll the driver back or go back to 10. 

Does anyone know why this is? I know that my current driver date is 6/2021 and the one it's trying to install is 7/2021? When I go to amd's website and download the recent one it installs fine but then still tries to update (but it says downgrade) to the one that's broken / messing up. 

0 Likes
0 Replies