Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PsyXosis
Adept I

Driver update leads to BSOD and system restore

Hi there

First time poster due to desperation to get this issue resolved. I have sent multiple bug reports every time this happens.

I am running version 21.10.2 of the Adrenaline driver on Windows 11. Every time I try to update the software to a newer version, the system restarts mid installation and a system restore is needed. I had this issue on Windows 10 as well, Windows 11 even after I did a clean install twice. I tried it again today with the 22.2.2 version. Same thing keeps happening.

I believe that this is hardware related somehow.

System specs:

Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI X470

AMD Ryzen 2700X

Power Color Red Devil X6900XT

32GB G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX

Samsung 970 EVO plus 2TB SSD

Any assistance would be appreciated

6 Replies
PsyXosis
Adept I

No advice? 

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Can you please say the model of your PSU?

As minimum PSU is 850w and would be better with separate cables from the PSU for the GPU..

More reading: Make sure you have the bios set to Pcie 3.0 in your bios..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I have a Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W Gold pwoer supply, so no issue expected there. I have set my BIOS to force PCIE 3.0. I will try again and report back

0 Likes
krookjakal11
Adept I

Update hardware drivers in Windows. Most Blue Screens of Death are hardware or driver-related, so updated drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error. An overclocked or misconfigured BIOS can cause all sorts of random issues, including BSODs.

0 Likes

I have done ANOTHER clean install, updated the Motherboard BIOS, checked the settings on the BIOS but still if I try to install 22.2.22 I break windows. What happened this time was that the installation was successful but after the system restart Windows failed to load and I had to do a restore again.

0 Likes

Did you download and update chipset driver before Adrenalin?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes