cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

onefish12
Adept I

Driver update for AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics

Hello, I am trying to update the drivers of AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics running in Windows 7. The current driver is all the way from 2011, version 8.892.1.1000.

However, when trying to install new drivers using auto-detect tool downloaded from https://www.amd.com/en/support, I get the below error. Any ideas how to fix and how to download the new drivers? Thanks.

The errors I get when using auto-detect are: "Unable to Install AMD Chipset Drivers. System Configuration is not compatible for RAID drivers or applications installation. A System Update is required to complete the installation.

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Are you trying to update your Integrated Graphics driver or your AMD Motherboard CHIPSET Drivers?

You title is for a Graphics driver while the image is for the AMD CHIPSET Driver.

If you are trying to installed your integrated Graphics it is not supported with AMD Driver updates anymore: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-desktops/a6-3670k-rad...

The driver in the link is the same for all APUs A6 that uses HD 6530D Integrated Graphics.

If you trying to install AMD CHIPSET Driver (Non-Graphics driver)  then you need to post the Make & Model of your Motherboard to download the correct AMD CHIPSET driver package compatible with your motherboard.

If you should have downloaded, by chance, the correct CHIPSET Package then use MS Install/Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of AMD Drivers from your computer. Then delete the AMD CHIPSET installation folder at C:\AMD.

Now try and install the Chipset package again and see if you get the same error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

This has something to do with the type of raid drivers on your PC. 

I can't recall how to fix the issue exactly but I think I had to use a Group Policy Editor (Windows Pro) or a Registry Editor(Windows Home).

Look on YouTube type in how to stop windows raid drivers from blocking AMD chipset driver downloads.

Windows 10 is a constant pain when it comes to AMD based PC's.

Can't confirm that this is legitimate nonsense that MicroSoft is knowingly doing.

The fact is MicroSoft and Intel have always been working to each others benefit. 

AMD has become a massive competitor to both Intel and Invidia and I personally believe we individual consumers are getting caught in the corporate crossfire. This is just my opinion based on years of PC building and personal experience with Windows transitionary times.

Example remember all the chaos that occurred between windows 98 and XP. Several failed OS came out. We may be seeing the same thing now. Look at windows Vista and 8 for proof. 7 was good but 10 and 11 aren't looking so hot.   

Thanks, ThunderBeaver. Let me to look around in YouTube for a possible fix. I am just having this issue where the 1080p video sometimes stalls. It has been going on for a couple of years. Hoping a driver update will resolve the issue.

Are you trying to update your Integrated Graphics driver or your AMD Motherboard CHIPSET Drivers?

You title is for a Graphics driver while the image is for the AMD CHIPSET Driver.

If you are trying to installed your integrated Graphics it is not supported with AMD Driver updates anymore: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-desktops/a6-3670k-rad...

The driver in the link is the same for all APUs A6 that uses HD 6530D Integrated Graphics.

If you trying to install AMD CHIPSET Driver (Non-Graphics driver)  then you need to post the Make & Model of your Motherboard to download the correct AMD CHIPSET driver package compatible with your motherboard.

If you should have downloaded, by chance, the correct CHIPSET Package then use MS Install/Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of AMD Drivers from your computer. Then delete the AMD CHIPSET installation folder at C:\AMD.

Now try and install the Chipset package again and see if you get the same error.

Thanks for the reply, elstaci

I think it is integrated graphics. From the link you gave me, I downloaded 'Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta' for Windows 7 64-bit, and it seemed to have worked! No issues with install, and I have updated the driver to 2016 version 15.301.1901.0.

I wish AMD auto-detect could have detected this so there would be no issues. Or, perhaps it can, but cannot run in older versions of Windows. That too should be fixed. Oh well.

Thanks a lot!