cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

haonj
Adept I

Driver Update causing low resolution/quality in game

Yesterday I downloaded the newest drivers using the AMD Radeon Software. (Using Ryzen 1600af and Radeon RX 570 build) Shortly after I updated I didn't notice any issues until I started playing VALORANT. For whatever reason, the quality seems to be lower than 1920, and it's very annoying. None of the in-game settings were changed and I messed around and nothing seemed to fix it. It doesnt seem to be a monitor issue and i couldnt use any of that to fix it. It also causes the discord overlay to be low quality too if that means anything. It seems to only happen in Valorant but the only other games I tested was CS:GO and aimlabs but not sure about others as i have had issues downloading games too (help with that would be nice too lol) Would appreciate any help.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Doctоr
Adept III

Try to delete driver AMD through DDU
and download driver with site AMD

0 Likes

Just tried. Having the same issue 

0 Likes

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.2  is known to have serious issues.
Try a previous version of the s/w and before Adrenalin ver. 21.3.1 which is even worse.

Here it is, a very small link to get this and not so easy to find: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/rad...

but try ver. Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 Optional or earlier Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL) until AMD has fixed this. 

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

Thanks for the response but i was having some trouble installing the new drivers. Should i uninstall the old drivers using DDU or using windows?

0 Likes

DDU is always a good thing, but nevertheless Just right click on the setup file > 'Run as Administrator'

0 Likes
Amir
Adept I

Use Windows 10 to update drivers if you using AMD products. Radeon Software is full of bugs . What does it say under display adapters in device menager ? If theres this :  AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics, this might be the problem . Try to recover your system and just let Windows 10 recognize your graphics card and install drivers. Dont do anything else.  

0 Likes

well my problem seems to only happen on the newest amd drivers. it crashes now  and my driver resets after playing certain games

0 Likes

Dont use Radeon software , trust me its very buggy . Just let Windows 10 recognize card , you wont have any problem , trust me .

0 Likes

No this is not true about the Adrenaline s/w itself but its driver.

The latest WHQL driver from AMD is from Adrenalin 21.3.1 (to date) and it is also the driver that will be installed from Windows update or if You manually update the driver from Device manager.
Regardless of the Adrenalin s/w itself.

It comes from Windows database. Only WHQL latest drivers are on the Windows database list and not any later so called "optional" like 21.3.2 drivers.
If  any later driver versions for what so ever hardware is not WHQL qualified, then it will not be in the Microsoft Windows database - period.

If You want to install a previous driver that works, then no problem and It will not be updated automatically.
Just follow my suggestion in my previous post above.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

I tried installing the latest WHQL version and am now experiencing crashes due to driver (a message says the driver failed/crashed) i will try downloading a previous version that i have used before and see if it will work.

0 Likes