cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ErikaRam
Adept II

Driver update can't change Hz

So I recently yesterday installed the new update for the driver software 22.3 it installed fine but then I realized whenever i unplugged my charger / plugged it back in my screen would flash for a second. It never did that before on a MSI laptop until updating it. People told me it's the Hz changing and yes that does seem to be what it's doing. 

However people told me you can change it but i can't. Everytime i change it to 60 on power and off it just changes back the moment I plug back in my charger to 120 or whatever it is. 

Is there a way to fix this or is it just a random now MSI update thing? I tried reinstalling / fixing the driver install even and it's still doing it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I found out what this was by the way if anyone else is having a issue. It's a MSI center thing go into the settings and it's there idk why it was turned on auto somehow but it was due to a recent update. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Check windows advanced display settings often after major updates it will reset the Framerate to 29.997HZ and sometimes it will also reset your power management plan to standard or performance rather than high performance.

These 2 windows features can effect the functionality of your display/audio software.

I run an MSI MOBO in my build.

You may want to open a support ticket with MSI/support.com and get a phone conversation if you can. Trust me having worked IT field jobs it is way easier because you usually get to speak to an actual tech that knows what they are doing rather than a desk jockey just reading instructions off a screen like a pre recorded message.

0 Likes

I found out what this was by the way if anyone else is having a issue. It's a MSI center thing go into the settings and it's there idk why it was turned on auto somehow but it was due to a recent update. 

0 Likes