cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sounlucky
Journeyman III

Driver update 18.7.1 causing BSOD (?)

I just recently got my computer (I'm not computer guy btw) and I have just been playing Tera and Overwatch. Everything seemed okay, but after a few days of play they both started to crash giving me a error saying it might be my drivers. So I look through, saw my FX-6300 wasn't up to date and I updated to 18.7.1. As I got to the "you want to add our other AMD services?" after the initial download my computer bluescreened with the dxgmms2.sys error. So I went though and clean installed my driver. Cool. I went to play again and not 5 minutes later I get Memory_Management bluescreen. So I did the memory diagnostic since everyone says that the easier way to fix it. Okay cool again. I'm praying as I start up Tera again and now I get Irql_not_less_or_equal. At this point I want to die and since I only had two things on my computer I did a factory reset. Right when I got in I updated and only downloaded Tera. Cool I'm actually getting pretty good fps compared to before. Welp of course a few days later, I bluescreen getting  Irql_not_less_or_equal again.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or do I have a faulty driver?

0 Likes
4 Replies
wohariakus
Adept II

I have the same since Windows 10 1803 17134.191  64-Bit  i use driver 18.7.1 only random bluescreens

0 Likes
wohariakus
Adept II

i rollback too 18.6.1 random and again random bluescreen since windows update any say memorymanagment , then kernel crash dxgkrnl.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

0 Likes

i have no driver the i can use found since windows update random crashes in 3d application

0 Likes
bruceadk
Adept I

I have same problem with a new system I put together 2 weeks ago. I figured If i went with all AMD it would work together, boy was i wrong! Have a AMD Ryzen 2700x, MSI Gaming plus mobo, 16gb Viper 4 3400 ram and a Radeon R9 380 and can't install the graphics drivers at all. I get the BSOD and Irql_not_less_or_equal from PCI.SYS.. Time for a new graphics card and it's not gonna be an AMD!!!

0 Likes