cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

huntsdabibil
Journeyman III

Driver timing out on RX 6900 XT

I am getting a popup of the driver timing out, while doing anything every few hours. I could just be browsing the internet, sitting idle on the desktop. What I am doing on the PC doesn't seem to matter.

I have 4 monitors connected, the issue happens on the last DP before the HDMI port. That screen will start flicking in and out and then eventually it will lose signal all together. The PC still detects the screen connect, there just is no signal/picture. I have even had it where my mouse starts lagging on the screen, and my whole PC start stuttering. This issue seems to have started happening about a week ago. I was on driver version 22.5.2 but have since wiped drivers, etc and went back to 22.5.1. I experience the same issue on both driver versions.

0 Likes
7 Replies
oark
Adept III

Same issue while doing browsing activity.

6800 XT + 5900 X

And I wasted my time formatting I thought the issue from Windows 11 Insider (Beta Version).

I recommend going back to April drivers. 

0 Likes

I have a 1000w power supply and I have no issues.

I have seen many people with the 6900 XT model only having a 850w power supply despite the fact that the card requires 900w. Maybe power insufficiency is one reason of this occurring.

0 Likes

I currently have a 1000w power supply

0 Likes

Currently on April drivers.

0 Likes
huntsdabibil
Journeyman III

Current workaround is to unplug the displayport from the back of graphics card and plugging it right back in.

0 Likes
mhgo
Adept I

Are you using instant replay with HVEC encoding? I have this issue with a 6700xt (as do others) when using IR

0 Likes
Justifier
Challenger

Open Adrenaline, go to settings, uncheck the debug tool

Or, alternatively, uninstall Adrenaline, reinstall and select Drivers Only. You will exclude yourself from a ton of issues, as long as there's not Adrenaline features that you need/want

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers