cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JinkyWinky
Journeyman III

Driver timeout

I am sorry in advance, I realize this issue has been posted multiple times but I can't seem to find any suggestions that work for me. I have had issues with my PC for some time now. It started off while playing games causing it to shut down to a point where all RGB lights would shut off, fans would stop, and display would end. I would have to reach around to the back and shut off the power to the PSU. It was suggested that it may be an overheating issue so I changed my CPU cooling unit. However, I then discovered I had to replace my motherboard due to a broken CPU socket (not sure of the cause. probably me).

Now, after switching the motherboard, I am getting the AMD diver timeout. I have updated all drivers as well as uninstalled and reinstalled AMD. I am a novice when it comes to much more than this. I am unable to play games due to this timeout. It also will pull up the timeout reporting when clicking different apps or even clicking on the start button. My screen will flicker back, a loud static noise can be heard, and sometimes the display will cut out completely causing me to have to restart. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

Motherboard - MSI B550 Gaming Pro 

GPU - Radeon RX580 8Gbps

RAM - corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2pk x 8GB)

PSU - MSI MPG A850GF 850W ATX 80 plus gold

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use DDU and remove gpu driver and install it again, increase paging files, reinstall windows. Just try many things its hard to find solution, problem can be in any part of pc. I do not have solution for your problem but more things you try closer to answer you will be.

0 Likes
JinkyWinky
Journeyman III

I just used the DDU. Seemed to work for about 10 minutes. I was able to play Assassins Creed: Odyssey which hasn't made it through the opening cinematic until today. However, then it popped up with the same message. I will try windows this time.

0 Likes

No luck, I just reinstalled Windows and I am having the same issue. 

0 Likes

Could try this.

1. Turn off browser hardware acceleration. 

2. If you have any program that has overclocking or fan control, either uninstall it or turn it off. For example, I have found NZXT Cam software is conflicting with Adrenalin...causing black screen and driver time outs. So, I let Cam boot to get my RGBs right and then I exit the program. 

3. Make sure in Adrenalin Global graphics settings that (Wait for vertical refresh) is set to anything but off. I have set it to off, unless application specifies.

Before downloading new drivers check Release Notes and then scroll to Know Issue, can let you know about issues before you download it. 

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

Just go back to 22.5.1 do not install drivers that are optional they are beta.

0 Likes