cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nik_santo2
Journeyman III

driver timeout

when i play games, and sometimes on idle, the screen goes black for a moment and when it turns back on an error notice about a driver timeout appears. If i'm playing a game it freezes for some seconds then the screen goes black and the same problem appears. Is there an answer for this problem or do i have to get an nvidia gpu?

specs:

GPU: power color radeon rx 5500 xt 8gb

CPU: AMD ryzen 7 3700x

MONITOR: HP 24f 1920x1080@75Hz HDMI

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II

PSU: Itek Taourus WN700 700W 80+ white

RAM: Geil Super Luce RGB 3600 MHz 8x2

0 Likes
5 Replies
DinuBrat
Journeyman III

SAME problem !

0 Likes
Revan83
Adept II

I have had the same problem for a week. As I mentioned in another topic, this error started to occur to me after the last two Windows security updates were installed.

I do not know if it was a coincidence or the problem occurs because of that, but it seems curious to me that there are many people who more or less around the same time began to have the same error without having made any other modification to the computer.

0 Likes
nordvargr
Adept III

Same issue here. I think it started (while playing World of Warcraft & watching youtube) with the release of Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 (never had this issue before). I also remember that I installed some windows update (I believe it was KB4598291).

timeout.JPG

event.JPG

0 Likes