Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Driver Set 19.8.2 vs 19.9.2 & Old Games

Hi,

Yes the i7-4790K is a great processor. Mine runs at 4.4-4.5GHz which is slightly higher than my  Ryzen 2700X can manage.
Is GPU Scaling working fine for you on Quake as shown in the above pictures?

Thanks.

Anotação 2019-09-30 114310.pngCaptura de Tela (11).pngCaptura de Tela (15).pngAnotação 2019-09-30 114209.pngCaptura de Tela (1).pngCaptura de Tela (9).png

pokester
MVP

Have you tried any of the alternative engines? Some of them are add great compatibility to modern Windows.

I use the Dark Places Engine for running the original Quake. I know the purists don't like it, but I like the extra blooms and effects it adds. Looks really good to me. To each is own right? If you have not played with that one it is pretty cool. They have some links to texture packs to use with it too that really update the game. Google Quake and Dark Places if you would like to check it out.

0 Likes

I run only Quake 2 and I use the version Quake 2 xp

I remembered : I run vkQuake from github and I can say that it is Perfect ! https://github.com/Novum/vkQuake

pokester
MVP

I have not tried that one. Thanks, I will try it out!

chromax
Journeyman III

I had the problem that Dosbox refused to go into fullscreen in the latest driver versions.

My solution was to deinstall with DDU, restart, disable internet, "update driver" in device-manager with the local saved 19.8.2. (in short, the Win95 way of installing drivers)  and so without the whole hightech bloatware. (I have a old 7700, only for old games)

Now I can play Dosbox in fullscreen again.

0 Likes