cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hoppsama
Journeyman III

driver problem

about 3 months ago i was vibing playing destiny, csgo, pubg, rainbow six, on a pretty decent system. vega 64 paired with a 3800x at stock. a mild overclock on the gpu like 1600mhz on the core or something. ram is slow but its never given me a problem. but one day i wanted to update my drivers because i havent done so in a long time. so i did and i was experiencing a 30-40 fps drop in almost every game besides cs cause that game isnt affected by anything. so i wanted to switch back but i also liked the feature that amd had introduced where you could set how much sharpness you wanted to give to a specific game so i looked up the vega 64 drivers that had just introduced or made image sharpening available. 19.9.3 i think and once i did that it all went down hill. the res that i normally play on 1024x824 wont even work unless i have it on fullscreen windowed when 3 months ago there was no problem at all when using it in fullscreen my monitor just says its "out of range" also on destiny, csgo and pubg when i try to put it in fullscreen it seems like the brightness and contrast just throw themselves out the window and every game in just dark asf at full brightness in game also messing with windows brightness and contrast doesnt do a thing either. also when i try to change resolutions in windows some of them go to 59hz and its super dark as well like it is in the games when i put them to fullscreen. but putting it to 144hz makes it go "out of range" when 3 months ago there was no problem with those resolutions. even custom crazy resolutions wouldnt do what its doing now. like some vertical stretched resolutions but thats irrelevant to what im trying to say. also updating to the newest drivers like 21.2.1 or something did literally nothing there is the same problem. with every res on fullscreen. doing the exact same things that it was doing on 19.9.3 just with worse fps. any type of help will be appreciated. 

3 Replies
hoppsama
Journeyman III

let me make this clear when i say i couldnt use that res i meant i cant use it "in game" with it on fullscreen it will only work in fullscreen windowed

0 Likes

please tell me you found a fix im in the same boat

0 Likes

please tell me you found a solution man in the same boat and bot she sucks

0 Likes