Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kosari
Newcomer

Driver Problem: Black Screen on boot and when installing drivers

System:

GPU: Radeon HD 7800 Ghost with 2 fans (7850 I assume)

CPU: AMD FX-4130 (Quad-Core 3.80GHz)

RAM: 16Gb

Never been overclocked.

Problem:

I updated from 19.1.1 (the latest stable driver) to 19.3.2 (the latest optional). When installing got a black screen, however, I restarted the computer and it worked fine. Until today, when trying to startup got only a black screen after the Windows 10 logo. I got in with safe mode, uninstalled the drivers and no more black screen. However, when trying to install drivers, I get the black screen mid install (when you can hear unplugging sound and the screen goes black for a second and comes back, this now goes back to infinite blackness after it.).

What I've tried:

AMD Cleanup Utility and DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the drivers.

HDMI and DVI monitors (at the same time, with only one, replugging in, etc.).

Disabling firewall and antivirus software.

Multiple driver versions (atleast these: 19.3.2, 19.3.1, 19.1.1, 18.12.2, 18.12.1.1, 18.12.1, 18.9.3,  17.7.1).

Waiting.

Thank you for reading! I hope someone can help me.

0 Likes
1 Reply
thereapereh
Adept I

Since windows 10 updated NO amd drivers working for my Radeon hd 7850

msi motherboard 990fxa-gd65 (bios updated k.5) ,AMD fx 6100 6 core cpu , 8 gig memory , win10 pro 64 bit build 17763 , HDMI DH panel 

Did clean install of ALL possible drivers from AMD's site (old - new) (15 different versions) . did the install through the radeon software AND manual install using device manager 

After driver initialises - just a black unresponsive screen - even after reboot 
Then need to reboot in safe mode and clean uninstall driver and try again - NOT FUN 

I understand AMD needs to keep up with Windows updates but I know I'm not the only one with this problem  - surely they can identify the problem and fix it 
Can AMD please also tell MicroSoft about this problem! Win8 was a very stable OS now WIN10 is falling apart - especially after the new updates

0 Likes