cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cyberstorm64dd
Challenger

Driver (preview) updates nuking GPU features.

Lately (within this past year) my dGPU and iGPU (in that order, RX-7700S and RX-780M) Have gotten nuked by AMDs preview drivers.

Here is what happened the first time.
When the AFMF preview driver was installed, after I swapped back to the production driver that came after it, the dGPU had lost nearly all its specialized GPU engines that are shown in task manager, including AMD TrueAudio. The iGPU was mostly untouched, though. The specialized engines were replaced with generic stand-in replacements.

And now the second time.
Both GPUs got nuked again, this time not only does AMD True Audio not show up for either in task manager, the GPU engines are all mixed up, engine readouts might also be incorrect, and the AMD Audio Co-Processor (the part that does TrueAudio) is missing from device manager.

There does not seem to be a fix for this. Further driver updates simply made the problem worse, and have not fixed the problem in the slightest.

Screenshot 2024-08-28 001520.png

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes
2 Replies
cyberstorm64dd
Challenger

Update

It's back! Windows Update (at least partially) Restored it.

It must have been nuked when I was trying to set up the NPU drivers.

Ouch.

Hopefully it is back for BOTH GPUs this time.

Please, AMD push a patch for TrueAudio in 24.9.1 or something. Also, the other issues with GPU Nuking. Because... Reasons.

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes

It is PARTIALLY Restored for the iGPU.

the dGPU's TrueAudio is still gone. AMD Please push a patch to fix it.

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes