cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mikkelfh
Journeyman III

Driver Only pixel format regedit?

Latest 21.4.1 drivers allow you to install "driver only" in advanced options. This might save a few CPU resources, but obviously makes customizing graphics settings more difficult.

My main issue is one of my monitors (a Sony TV) is defaulting to a non-full RGB pixel format, which I would like to set as full RGB again. One solution is to use a HDMI-to-DVI adapter on the display cable, as this apparently forces full RGB signal instead of what the monitor requests. But my graphics card only has one DVI port that is already occupied by a separate DVI-only monitor.

Does anyone know how to adjust pixel format for a monitor via the Windows registry without Adrenalin installed? Thanks

My expectation is to look under "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video" or "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration" for the different monitors, where I do see a couple of SNY folders (assuming this is Sony). Changing all PixelFormat settings underneath from hexadecimal 15 to e.g. 0 and restarting the PC has no effect.

0 Likes
0 Replies