rx560
Journeyman III

Driver issue

Hello

I have a problem with my driver

- asus rog strix radeon rx 560 o4g evo gaming oc edition

- 4k tv LG 49uj620v

(win7 64, ryzen 1700, 8gb)

When i put my resolution 3840 x 2160 or higher my screen is bigger then my tv and can't scale it, when i put at 3200 x 1800 its ok and the scale line is activate. Other issue is my screen refresh rate doesnt stay at 60 hertz its jump back on 59 hertz and once when i put it at 60 my driver crashed and had a black screen and had to uninstall my driver and install it again for my tv to work. Once i switched between my scaleing mode settings and it crased again and to do that unistall/install again to work. The radeon settings sometimes has lag.

If someone knows how to scale it.

31961541_1795578573827090_9022853353972957184_n.jpg

31964342_1795578500493764_438280332857311232_n.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies

Try turning the GPU scaling off and let your TV handle the scaling & try changing the scaling mode to full panel.  A lot of tv's and monitors that say they are 60hz really run closer to 59 so that is not that uncommon for it to be changing it back. You could call LG's tech support for advice on optimal settings too. You may need to use a certain port or settings for that port to connect a PC.

I think you're right.  While I was searching for a solution to my unrelated problem, I did read many posts where the solution was related to GPU scaling, Scaling mode and Pixel format.  Mine is set to GPU scaling "off", Scaling mode "full panel" and Pixel format  "RGB 4:4:4 pixel format pc standard (full RGB)".  Try setting one at a time until you get it to work.  I don't remember the exact reason why I set the pixel format to that setting, this was quite a while back.  Good luck!

0 Likes
rx560
Journeyman III

Tnx for your reply, as you can see in the pics the gpu scaling is set to off, i tried setting it to ''on'' too is doesnt to anything, tried all 3 scaling modes (full panel, preserve aspect ratio and center) doesnt do anything ( one time i set is to center and my driver crashed had to uninstall/install to work again) tried the mode "full panel" and Pixel format  "RGB 4:4:4 pixel format pc standard (full RGB) still the same, the thing is i only want that scaling bar to appear at 3840 x 2160 not only on 3200 x 1800.

(added the crashed dump)

0 Likes

Well you don't have a lot of options beyond that. I would see if LG tech support can offer some help. Sometimes a simple setting change on the TV itself can make a world of difference and other times you have a TV that just doesn't play nice with PC's.

I don't have a 4k tv so I can't provide much info on that end.  Only things I can think of is to try different ports on the TV if you haven't already.  Check the settings on the tv for any "PC" related settings.  My Radeon settings has the "HDMI Link Assurance" set to off.  If you have a friend with a 4k tv you could try to hook your pc up to it to see if the same thing happens.  Also, if you have a friend with a computer capable of outputting 4k you could hook it up to your tv to see what happens.  If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post it.

0 Likes